Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a Support Engineer to help us build on our reputation for great support, dealing with client support tickets, call requests and community forum posts. In this role you can also contribute to product development, helping implement features and contributing to product discussions, from a support perspective.
We are helping our customers solve their critical API Management issues, whether that be through custom integrations, partnership relationships, or simply troubleshooting upgrades with their engineering team.
You will work with engineers from the product team to enhance our offering and convey the clients’ needs, as well as contribute to the product, support documentation and other supporting assets.
We’re looking for highly-technical people with Support Engineering experience, who are happy to hit the ground running and help to design what great customer support looks like at Tyk. In return, we offer you the opportunity to build your skills as an engineer, through collaborating on our open source product and helping to validate and fix customer issues.
Tyk Customer Support is the best in the business, we’ve been called ‘too fast’ by clients and we’re known for having knowledgeable and quality engineers responding to clients, no ‘first-line support’.
- Answering complex incoming customer tickets and requests, often involving troubleshooting and reading source code
- Supporting customers over screen shares/calls
- Validating customer bug reports, contributing to the product through fixes
- Validating customer feature requests
- Own and manage severity issues for customers
- Effectively communicate customer support processes to clients
- Contribute to client facing content/documentation to support them better
- Build relationships with existing clients to better understand how they’re using Tyk
- Advocating for the customer at Tyk
- Contributing to the vision for Next Level Support at Tyk
Essential skills and experience:
- A good understanding of DevOps and deployment practices and technologies (For instance some of/similar to: Puppet, Chef, Docker, K8s, Cloud services such as AWS and Azure, as well as IaaS such as OpenShift and Heroku)
- Experience providing technical support for a complex product
- Experience working collaboratively with core engineering teams
- Should have experience in a server side programming language, Go would be extremely advantageous
- Good English writing skills
- Background in software development and/or solution architecture
- Degree educated in a STEM subject (NTH)
- General usage of Linux, scripting and related utilities
- Client-facing experience, such as video conference calls and in-person meetings
- Understanding of common internet technologies, protocols, standards and data formats
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our Singapore office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io