What it’s like to work at Tyk
I’ve enjoyed previous roles but I’ve never quite felt that I have the voice that I do within Tyk.
Elaine Hollenbeck, Scrum Master
What can we offer
Fancy getting more from your working life?
- Unlimited paid holidays – For everyone, for real! because work-life balance is important to us.
- Fully remote – you can work from anywhere in the world, from your bed or from a beach, whatever suits you best, as long as the job is done.
- Life coaching – We want to help you achieve personal goals as well as your professional goals, so we give EVERYONE the opportunity to have a personal life coach, Tyk is groundbreaking by adding this to our offering!
- Flexible hours – Take time to recharge, pick up the kids, go to the gym, whatever works best for you, we celebrate that! We don’t control or monitor working hours. Instead, we trust you to give your best.
- A generous global parental leave policy – plenty of moms and dads across our founders and leadership team, we actively welcome parents and ‘parents to be’ into Tyk.
- Employee share scheme – employees who help to build Tyk, will be able to enjoy its success.
- Wellbeing – we have a full service Employee Assistance Programme.
- Annual company retreats – company wide trip for a week!
- Rewards and Recognition Scheme
- Volunteering days
- Employee Wellbeing platform
- Internship programmes
- Tyk holiday – company closure day once a year
- L&D opportunities
- Side Projects – We love that our Tyklings can fit their work life around their passions. Side projects can be a great way to pursue your passions, develop new skills, or explore areas of interest outside of work.
Tyk is committed to building an inclusive business
Are you ready to be part of our diverse team?
How we work
Our team members are super smart, but nobody knows everything.
That’s why there are no stupid questions at Tyk. We’ll support anyone who takes the initiative and is curious to find out more. We believe that kind of freedom and trust empowers talented people to create their best work.
I love the flexible working hours. I like being able to reshuffle my day to meet both the clients’ needs and my own. I can go to the gym during the day when it’s quiet as I don’t have to be at my desk 9-5. Tyk trusts its team and encourages us to own what we do and take responsibility. It’s an approach that suits me.
Yaara Letz, Head of Developer Experience
In many companies, values are just words, without much belief. Tyk is different. We really mean it. For example, we believe that there are no stupid questions. This is something that’s really at the heart of the business. The company structure is flat for this purpose – anyone can talk to anyone about anything.
Artem Hluvchynskyi, Head of Cloud
Because of Tyk, I know now what it really means to have a work/life balance. Before, I’d heard of the term but never really experienced it. Since I joined Tyk, my personal and professional life has drastically changed.
Stephan Matter, Tech Ops Lead
Time for our team to do the talking!
That’s enough from us. If you want to hear more about what working at Tyk is like, we think our Tyklings are the best people to tell you about it.
Or you can dive straight in and find out firsthand, by coming and working for Tyk.