Working at Tyk
Fit your ‘work life’ around your ‘life life’
Make your work/life balance better with Tyk
Fancy getting more from your working life?
What can we offer:
- Unlimited paid holidays – For everyone, for real! because work-life balance is important to us.
- Fully Remote – from anywhere in the world, from your bed or from a beach, whatever suits you best
- Flexible hours – Take time to recharge, pick up the kids, go to the gym, whatever works best for you, we celebrate that!
- A Generous maternity, paternity policy – plenty of moms and dads across our founders and leadership team, we actively welcome parents and ‘parents to be’ into Tyk.
- Employee share scheme – employees who help to build Tyk, will be able to enjoy its success.
- Wellbeing – we have a full service Employee Assistance Programme.
- Annual company retreats – company wide trip for a week!
Tyk is committed to building an inclusive business
Are you ready to be part of our diverse team?
How we work
Our team members are super smart, but nobody knows everything.
That’s why there are no stupid questions at Tyk. We’ll support anyone who takes the initiative and is curious to find out more. We believe that kind of freedom and trust empowers talented people to create their best work.
Tyk gives all employees the autonomy to make decisions – this means ownership and responsibility. The company is strong on trust, and there’s no micromanagement. As long as we own and take responsibility of our tasks, it doesn’t matter if we work eight hours straight, or take a two-hour break for parenting. It’s all up to you – and that’s great. It helps you build your own discipline and character.
Irvin Tan, Head of the APAC Commercial Team
Most of the time I feel productive when everybody sleeps. After around 8, 9, or 10 pm I start feeling I want to write some code. That can last until morning. I don’t have to wake up and commute to some place and sit there for an amount of hours and then commute back. I can work when I feel like working. That’s good for me and it’s good for the company because I deliver more as a result.
Vlad Ifrim, Frontend Developer
Because of Tyk, I know now what it really means to have a work/life balance. Before, I’d heard of the term but never really experienced it. Since I joined Tyk, my personal and professional life has drastically changed.
Stephan Matter, Tech Ops Lead
Time for our team to do the talking!
That’s enough from us. If you want to hear more about what working at Tyk is like, we think our Tyklings are the best people to tell you about it.
Or you can dive straight in and find out firsthand, by coming and working for Tyk.