Tyk Open Source
The Tyk Team has created and maintains the following components, which are fully Open Source and available under Mozilla Public License 2.0 (MPL). Star the Tyk components you use by clicking the appropriate button:
- Tyk Gateway - Fully fledged API Gateway (Start here!) - Star TykTechnologies/tyk
- Tyk Pump - Send API analytics data to your chosen backend - Star TykTechnologies/tyk-pump
- Tyk Operator - Manage your API Configurations in K8S CRDs - Star TykTechnologies/tyk-operator
- Tyk Identity Broker - Connect your third-party IdP systems - Star TykTechnologies/tyk-identity-broker
- Tyk Sync - Version control your API configurations - Star TykTechnologies/tyk-sync
MPL is a copyleft licence that is easy to comply with. You must make the source code for any of your changes available under MPL, but you can combine the MPL software with proprietary code, as long as you keep the MPL code in separate files. Version 2.0 is, by default, compatible with LGPL and GPL version 2 or greater. You can distribute binaries under a proprietary license, as long as you make the source available under MPL. This is just a brief overview of MPL, you should refer to the MPL licence in full and if you are in any doubt about how this licence impacts you, please contact us to discuss.
You can find additional FAQs regarding the MPL licence here.
The following Tyk components, created and maintained by the Tyk Team, are proprietary and closed-source:
If you plan to deploy and use the above components On-premise, licence keys are required.
Read more about licensing here.