Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills, Future Singapore, to global organisations like Capital One, the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager with experience working in a SaaS environment.
Our new, next-generation SaaS platform is launching imminently, and we need someone on board as a Product Marketing Manager to help drive the growth of this exciting new step in Tyk’s journey. We’ll depend on you to drive awareness, usage, enthusiasm and onward recommendations about Tyk SaaS, through focused Go To Market planning, ongoing lead generation campaigns and ongoing experimentation.
The right candidate will be obsessed with improving the entire customer journey for Tyk’s SaaS products with our product, UX and marketing teams. Ensuring that, from initial awareness through to everyday use, our users are easily able to:
- Fall in love with Tyk
- Purchase Tyk
- Upgrade Tyk,
- Recommend Tyk
To measure your success, you will report monthly on user numbers, cost of acquisition, and revenue numbers against our agreed goals.
The Tyk brand is unique, and our culture is one of radical responsibility: you’ll need to embrace that and ensure you hit these targets by leveraging our brand.
As part of this, you’ll be planning and optimising lead-gen campaigns, developing and delivering content marketing, as well as segmenting and targeting existing users for whom SaaS is the right option.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a huge, measurable impact on the bottom line of the business, and launch a brand new and innovative software in the API management space.
- Develop a compelling end-to-end acquisition and upgrade plan for potential SaaS users, from campaign to renewal/upsell.
- Implement, measure and improve activity to drive trials, conversions, upsell and referrals, whilst maintaining our low churn metrics.
- Develop and execute Go To Market plans for new products and features for a fast growing, rapidly changing platform, without disrupting the BAU lead-gen activity.
- Experiment on improvements to key sales levers across the customer journey including the SaaS sign up process. Measure, tweak, refine, and report back accordingly.
- Conduct thoughtful pre-analysis to support any proposed experiment ideas.
- Build out a SaaS focused contact database within our CRM and tooling and work with our campaign manager to communicate with that list accordingly.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure the onboarding process is commercially focused.
- Collaborate with product teams to ensure marketing initiatives and activities are built into the product from conception through to delivery (referral schemes, feedback loops, opportunities to upgrade).
- Plan and manage product launches that drive trials, create buzz, and grow our brand.
Essential skills and experience:
- Product and/or growth marketing experience within SaaS or tech companies.
- Experience marketing a technical product to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Great written and verbal English presentation skills – especially presenting analytics in an easily-digestible and actionable manner.
- Managing suppliers or other team members who are not direct reports
- Demonstrable experience deriving campaign concepts from strategic insights and user research
- Analytics-driven, you love understanding data, patterns and trends and using them to guide your decisions.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Successful project ownership and execution. This will be a new area of focus for Tyk so you’ll need to bring an iterative mentality and be comfortable driving for clarity.
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
Every employee in Tyk has an import role that supposed to help the business to succeed and grow. We are all trusted and as such, expected to work independently and to manage our own time.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.