Boosting engineering efficiency through OpenTelemetry, Keptn and Tyk
In today’s rapidly changing digital landscape, engineering efficiency is key to the success of any organization. This event aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of how OpenTelemetry, Keptn, and Tyk can join forces to gain better visibility into deployments, manage APIs and troubleshoot API issues efficiently in a cloud native world.
Join Andreas Grabner, DevOps Activist at Dynatrace, Sonja Chevre, Group Product Manager, and Budha Bhattacharya, Product evangelist at Tyk, on March 15, 2023 at 12 pm ET/ 4 pm GMT as we explore 3 key components of efficient API observability:
- OpenTelemetry: an open-source observability framework for collecting, processing, and exporting telemetry data to gain visibility into the performance of distributed systems
- Keptn: a cloud-native application life-cycle orchestration framework for automating deployment, testing, and monitoring of microservices to reduce complexity and improve reliability
- Tyk: a cloud native API management platform, powered by an open-source API gateway for managing, securing and observing APIs with security policies, rate limiting, access control, monitoring and improved analytics.
What you will learn:
- An overview of OpenTelemetry and the key challenges with API observability that it solves
- The need for making complex application deployments on K8s observable using OpenTelemetry
- How to leverage DORA Metrics to measure the success of your K8s and DevOps adoption
- How to troubleshoot API issues in production and identifying the source of the problem
- Demo & discussion: How OpenTelemetry, Keptn and Tyk solve the full lifecycle API observability problem.