Tyk’s co-founder & COO, James Hirst, sat down (virtually!) with the team at Growable for a chat about how we manage our remote-based team of 75 members spanning 6 continents and 25 countries.
The conversation includes:
- Tips to fostering a work culture remotely
- The concept of “radical responsibility”
- Asynchronous vs synchronous communication
- Remote hiring and on-boarding
The conversation does not include:
- Advice such as “get dressed and be sitting at your home desk by 8:55am”
- An exact roadmap to perfecting a remote-business strategy – we’re still learning! We’ve failed and succeeded, shifted and evolved. But we’re thrilled to have the opportunity to discuss our journey and help others with their remote aspirations.