1.What is the developer portal
The Tyk Developer Portal is a small CMS-like system that enables you to expose a facade of your APIs and then allow third-party developers to register and use your APIs.
The developer portal enables you to:
- Host pages written in Markdown to discuss your API and product.
- Use Bootstrap-based templates to completely customise the look and feel.
- Host your API documentation in Swagger or API Blueprint for developers to use. In the case of Swagger, we use Swagger UI so that the developer sees a sandbox to interact with your published APIs.
- Unlike other platforms, Tyk will not auto-publish your APIs to the Portal, instead they are presented as a facade, you choose what APIs and what Policies to expose to the Portal.
- Fully control the flow of the developer sign-up and enrollment.
The developer Portal is available to Pro (On-Prem), Cloud and Hybrid users.