What can you do with us?
Do you want to work with some of the world’s largest companies and have a lasting relationship providing solutions for your clients?
Tyk is seeking a Solution Architect for our customer engagement team. You will play a critical role throughout the relationship with the users: from establishing confidence with our prospective clients, to working closely with their technical team throughout their evaluation process to then actively manage their on-boarding, training and integration of the Tyk and it’s services into the client infrastructure
- Develop a solid working relationship with our client’s technical staff and be able to gain their trust through your deep technical understanding
- Manage our clients throughout their evaluation process, working closely with the accounts team to ensure we can offer the best solution for the client
- Deliver pitch presentations and demos tailored to client requirements
- Work closely with the accounts team to deliver RFP/I/Q responses and technical architecture solutions
A bit about you:
- Excellent communication and technical skills to connect with, and establish trust with our clients
- Hands-on familiarity with web services technologies, security standards and modern API design patterns and technologies
- A solid understanding of DevOps and deployment practices and technologies (Puppet, Chef, Cloud services such as AWS and Azure, as well as IaaS such as OpenShift and Heroku)
- The ability to lead architecture discussions around deployment topologies, scaling, performance & sizing
- High proficiency in written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in giving presentations, talks and pitches
- Experience with customer-facing activities
- The ability to travel as needed and to work flexible hours with prospects in different geographies backed by a distributed team
- Can you change us? Tyk is an agent of change. We expect everyone on our team to be the same
- Can you deliver? You will build, test, learn and deliver while others are still editing PowerPoint. We are makers, creators and builders: we are happiest bringing technology to bear on big problems
- Looking for mentoring, not management? Our team make their own decisions about their priorities and approaches. The leadership team help with skills development, knowledge sharing and roadblocks: You manage yourself.
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package comprising salary and equity options based on experience and performance.
Work with a talented, passionate team of industry experts, developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
A distributed team. Work from our London office, from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Tyk is built in Go and AngularJS, uses Redis and MongoDB, and is deployed on almost anything: including cloud services (EC2, Azure), IaaS (Heroku, OpenShift), Docker (Mesosphere, Kubernetes and more) to bare-metal ARM-based microservers.
Tyk is used by clients running everything from shiny micro-service architectures, to sucky SOAP stuff they keep in the company museum.
As a result, we are pragmatists over technology choice, enjoy problem solving and want your involvement in shaping our future choices.