Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from small start-ups to global brands like the Financial Times, Capital One, eBay, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform but we have big plans, and we’d love you to be part of them.
What can you do with us?We’ve spent the last 18 months setting a solid foundation for Tyk’s global marketing efforts: shouting from the rooftops as loud as we can given our diminutive size; cultivating a growing and passionate Tyk community; and taking our open source mantra out on the road – from the Americas to Australia.
It’s now time to turn things up a notch, so we’re looking to recruit a Developer Evangelist to help people find, use, and love, Tyk.
Your role will be a critical bridge between our expert team and the big, wide world, translating, mediating and signposting just why Tyk is so innovative and exciting.
- Creating and maintaining white papers, screencasts, demos and videos about Tyk services & solutions, along with emerging technologies and industry developments.
- Writing technical documents and best-practice blogs
- Developing and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness.
- Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at Tyk and third party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
- Collaborating with internal teams, community user groups and developer program initiatives.
- Advising and supporting team members on campaign content or channels
- Coordination with commercial, UX and product teams to identify developer needs.
- Reporting on success and providing recommendations for future activities
- Liaising with other remote teams.
- Direct engagement of the developer community through meetups, roadshows, boot camps, hackathons, lectures and other channels of education.
- Community Support – Facilitate a great experience with Tyk for developers at scale with broad reach channels such as Slack, video conference, Stack Overflow and other forums.
- Travel as a Tyk representative to conferences and meet-ups, whether it’s at the booth, handling workshop facilitation and talk presentations
- Significant experience working in a technology evangelist role
- Strong knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms and popular programming languages
- Computer Science Degree
- Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
- Working knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies and/ or setting an industry standard.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to deliver to tight conflicting deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with people from technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Great attention to detail.
- Presentation skills
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io