To create a dashboard user with the GUI is very easy:
Step 1: Navigate to the users sections
Step 2: Select Add user
Step 3: Add the user’s basic details
In this section:
- First Name: The user’s first name.
- Last Name: The user’s last name.
- Email: The email address of the user, this will also be their login username.
- Password: The password to assign to the user, this will automatically be hashed and salted before storing in the database.
- Active: Must be true for the user to have access to the dashboard or the dashboard API.
Step 4: Select their permissions (admin)
You can be very specific with regards to which pages and segments of the UI the user has access to. Some Dashboard pages require access to multiple parts of the API, and so you may get errors if certain related elements are disabled (e.g. APIs + Policies)
Permissions are set and enforced when they are set in this page, they can either be read or write, if they are set to deny then the record is non-existent in the object (there is no explicit “deny”). This means that if you set deny on all options it looks as if they have not been written, but they will still be enforced so long as even one read or write option has been set.
Step 5: Save the user
The user will automatically be created, as will their API Access token, which you will be able to retrieve by opening the user listing page again and selecting the user’s username.