Using Custom Domains
Last updated: 2 minutes read.
You can set up Tyk Cloud to use a custom domain. Using custom domains is available on our free trial and all our paid plans. You can use a custom domain for both your Control Planes and Cloud Data Planes.
Custom Domains with Control Planes
- Currently, you can only use one custom domain per Control Plane deployment.
- The custom domain in this case ties to a Tyk Developer Portal. Please set up a CNAME DNS record such that it points to the “Portal” ingress as displayed on your Control Plane deployment page.
Custom Domains with Cloud Data Planes
You can set multiple custom domains on a Cloud Data Plane. In this instance please set up your CNAME DNS records such that they point to the only ingress displayed on your Cloud Data Plane deployment page.
Note: While you can set multiple custom domains for a Cloud Data Plane, a single custom domain cannot be used for multiple Cloud Data Planes.
How to set up a Custom Domain
In this example we are going to set up a custom domain called
Cloud Data Plane.corp.com for a Cloud Data Plane deployment.
- Create a CNAME DNS record
edge.corp.comthat points to your Cloud Data Plane ingress (e.g.
- From your Cloud Data Plane deployment, select Edit from the Status drop-down.
edge.corp.comin the Custom Domains field.
- Click Save and Re-deploy.
How our Custom Domain functionality works
When you point your custom domain to your deployment, we use Let's Encrypt's HTTP01 ACME challenge type, which verifies ownership by accessing your custom CNAME on your Control Plane or Cloud Data Plane deployment. For example -