Task 3 - Set up Your First Team
Last updated: 1 minute read.
Following organisation setup, you will have to set up your team(s) on Tyk Cloud. This page will tell you all about the process.
What is a team?
- A team is a sub-grouping inside an organisation.
- Inside a team, you can define users(team members) and roles(permissions that can be applied to a user or a team of users).
Steps to set up your team
After creating your Organisation you’ll land on the success screen. Click Get Started.
Step 1 - Name your Team: Give your Team a name. You may find it useful to reflect the names used within your organisation.
Step Two - Invite your Users: Invite your users to your team. You’ll only need their email address and which of the available roles you want to assign to them. This step is optional and can be completed within the dashboard later.
User Roles in Tyk Cloud
Out of the box, the following roles are setup:
- Team member: They can manage deployment activity for the team they are added to.
- Team admin: They can manage deployment activity and users for the team they are added to.
- Organisation admin: They can manage deployment activity and users for a single organisation.
Next you’ll create an Environment.