Tyk Enterprise Developer Portal v1.3.0
Licensed Protected Product
We strive to avoid any long term support arrangements for our enterprise portal. We run a regular 6 week release cadence which delivers new capability, extension of existing capability, and bug fix. Our policy is that we aim to avoid any breaking changes, so in effect the entire enterprise portal is supported. Here we’d increment our version as a minor version - 1.3.0, 1.4.0, 1.5.0 etc.
Occasionally, we may see a need to issue a critical fix if there is a systems down or a critical security defect. Here we would release this as soon as is physically possible, and the semantic versioning would reflect a patch (1.3.1, 1.4.1 etc).
The only exception to this policy is if we ever need to release a breaking change. This would mean that we have to release a new major version (i.e. releasing version 2.0). In this exceptional circumstance we would support both the old major version and the new one concurrently for six months - please note that the old version only gets supported in terms of critical fixes, not new functionality. After the six months is up, the previous major version falls out of support.
Release Date 17 Apr 2023
This release has no breaking changes.
Future breaking changes
This release doesn’t introduce future breaking changes.
There are no deprecations in this release.
If you are on a 1.2.0 or an older version we advise you to upgrade ASAP directly to this release.
API Analytics UI for developers
We added the new API Analytics UI which extends self-service capabilities for developers. This provides developers with an ability to analyse performance of the APIs which they consume, in addition to traffic composition for their apps. The API Analytics UI has four tabs that help developers to navigate different analytical views:
- The overview tab provides an overarching view on the API Products consumed by a developer. This tab has all information needed to quickly digest the current state of API Products, including: total traffic, number of errors, error breakdown by response code and top APIs by error code.
- The Total API Calls tab enables developers to analyse traffic from their application to the APIs they consume and how it’s changing over time.
- The Errors tab provides developers with information relating to total errors and error rates. Here developers can identify any issues with the APIs which they consume without filling any support tickets. Developers can switch between the total number of error and error rates.
- The Latency tab helps developers to analyze response time of the APIs they consume so that they can factor for it in their applications.
Theme management API
The theme management API enables SDLC for the theme management in the portal. Admin users can leverage this API to programmatically:
- Create new themes.
- Update existing themes.
- Select the currently active theme.
Enhanced error logging for DCR and SSO flows
We introduced more verbose error logging for the DCR flow and for Single Sign-On to help customers set up the SSO and DCR faster. This is especially important for complex environments with highly customised or non-standard IdPs.
- Added API Consumer Analytics to digest summary analytics for developers’ applications so that developers can analyse performance of the APIs which they consume.
- Added enhanced error logging in all places where the DCR flow is used. A log structure is now provided, including the status code from an IdP to help API Providers to debug DCR integrations.
- Added enhanced error logging to the SSO flow to facilitate setting up SSO.
- Added the Theme management API to enable API Providers to update themes using CI/CD pipelines.
- Fixed grammar in the Provider menu UI.
- Fixed broken link to the Access requests menu item in the portal admin dashboard.
- Fixes to the shopping cart flow were made as follows:
- Fixed the bug where the ‘Add to cart’ button in the API Product page were not clickable;
- Added form validation in the checkout flow.
- Fixed the API Product page to show only catalogues available to a developer.
Please refer to the upgrading Tyk page for further guidance with respect to the upgrade strategy.
Please visit our Developer Support page for further information relating to reporting bugs, upgrading Tyk, technical support and how to contribute.