Kubernetes Docker Pro Demo on Windows
Installing Tyk on Kubernetes requires a multi-node Tyk licence. If you are evaluating Tyk on Kubernetes, contact us to obtain an temporary licence.
This demo is NOT designed for production use or performance testing. The Tyk Pro Docker Demo is our full, Self-Managed solution, which includes our Gateway, Dashboard and analytics processing pipeline.
This demo will run Tyk On-Premises on your machine, which contains 5 containers: Tyk Gateway, Tyk Dashboard, Tyk Pump, Redis and either MongoDB or one of our supported [SQL Platforms] add database-options link.
This demo is great for proof of concept and demo purposes, but if you want to test performance, you need to move each component to a separate machine.
You use this at your own risk. Tyk is not supported on the Windows platform. However you can test it as a proof of concept using our Pro Demo Docker installation.
- MS Windows 10 Pro
- Tyk Helm Chart
- Docker Desktop for Windows running with a signed in Docker ID
- Git for Windows
- Python for Windows
- PowerShell running as administrator
- Our Pro Demo Docker GitHub repo
- A free Tyk On-Premises Developer licence
Ensure that kubectl and helm prerequisites are configured on your Windows path environment variable
This demo installation was tested with the following tools/versions:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro v1909 VM on Azure (Standard D2 v3 size)
- Docker Desktop for Windows 22.214.171.124 (Docker engine v19.03.5)
- helm v3.0.3
- minikube v1.7.1 (k8s v 1.17.2)
- kubectl v 1.17.0 (Note that kubectl is packaged with Docker Desktop for Windows, but the version may be incompatible with k8s)
Now you have your prerequisites, follow the instructions from our Tyk Helm Chart page.