Last updated: 1 minute read.
The Tyk Gateway REST API is the primary means for integrating your application with the Tyk API Gateway system. This API is very small, and has no granular permissions system. It is intended to be used purely for internal automation and integration.
Under no circumstances should outside parties be granted access to this API.
The Tyk Gateway API is capable of:
- Managing session objects (token generation)
- Managing and listing policies
- Managing and listing API Definitions (only when not using the Dashboard)
- Hot reloads / reloading a cluster configuration
- OAuth client creation (only when not using the Dashboard)
In order to use the Gateway API, you’ll need to set the
secret parameter in your
The shared secret you set should then be sent along as a header with each REST API Request in order for it to be successful:
The Tyk Gateway API is subsumed by the Tyk Dashboard API in all non-Community Edition installations.