Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a full-time Web Developer to come on board within our marcoms team to refine, evolve, future proof and update our company website. Our website is essential for our business to enable users to find out more about us and most importantly, try our product. This role is a great opportunity to take ownership of our website and work on exciting projects that align with Tyk’s mission and goals.We are looking for someone with a passion and drive to always be improving our website and constantly changing the website to appeal to our target audience. Whilst this is a development role, supporting marketing efforts is essential as well as leading new website projects requests from all areas of the business.You’ll be a critical thinker who’s able to come up with ideas, suggestions and take ownership of the entire website process. Because we’re a remote business, awesome interpersonal communication skills with great attention to detail are key to collaborate with colleagues across countries and timezones.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Take technical ownership of our website and manage the website production process including build, test, release, and maintenance of our website.
- Support marketing efforts to ensure our website is inline with Tyk’s mission and goals.
- Supporting the design team with wireframes, banners and image optimization.
- Play a key part in new exciting projects with technical & creative input.
- Ensuring our website is consistently updating and improving to help target Tyk’s audience.
- Bug fixing – Researching and resolving errors.
- Conduct web services, and support current projects (ongoing maintenance).
- Work to improve engagement with our users through A/B tests and reporting.
- Research and track advancements in web development and implement them.
- Optimise website for search engines.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Proven experience in a web development role.
- You must be able to influence and collaborate with colleagues in other parts of the business. This role is operational, success will be measured by outcomes, not strategies.
- Effectively communicate and present ideas & changes.
- Staging, testing to live production process.
- Managing website sprints.
- Data-driven decision-making – you love understanding data, patterns and trends and using them to guide your decisions
- Problem solving – Ability to work independently to resolve bugs, fixes and new ideas to help improve the website.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with marketing to launch, tweak and optimise campaigns. Ability to ensure the Tyk website effectively supports all campaigns from new pages, updates, changes, testing & reporting.
- Working closely with UX teams to constantly improve website user experience for external and internal users.
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io