Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills, Future Singapore, to global organisations like Capital One, the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a UX Designer to work on enterprise and developer experiences across a range of projects, you will work with an amazing collaborative team and have an opportunity to advocate what is best for our users throughout the organisation.
- Collaborating with other designers, developers and stakeholders to design enterprise and developer experiences for our core functionality and exciting new projects
- Follow a user-centric, design thinking approach to solve real problems for users
- Understand and organise the complex workflows of platform and API management into simple user journeys that inspire developers to keep building
- Participate in user research for both concept and usability testing, and use the insights to define and maintain personas and user needs
- Owning the UX for a specific area of our product, working within a product squad and collaborating with the product owner and engineers
- Plan and run UX workshops with the wider team
- Create user workflows, storyboards, wireframes and prototypes
- Collaborate with front-end developers, particularly during build phase
- Participate in design reviews with the rest of the UX team.
- Develop user journeys, workflows, storyboards, wireframes and interactive prototypes and anything else that helps you convey designs and concepts
- Communicate designs with confidence internally and externally, and gather feedback to help take designs to the next level
- Day to day, expect to attend standups, plan and run ad-hoc UX workshops and collaborative sessions, create user journeys and flows of varying fidelity
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience designing for technical developer and enterprise (B2B) tooling
- Experience working with and driving a design thinking framework
- Experience working with projects from conception through to delivery
- Experience communicating and presenting designs internally and externally
- Ability to use standard set of design software (We use Figma, Invision and Miro right now)
- Confidence in communicating designs to a wide range of stakeholders
- Have a creative, innovative and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to see things from both a macro and micro level (and know when to focus on each)
- Broad knowledge of the end to end design capabilities (research, UX, visual)
- Deep knowledge of interaction design, describing use cases, user flows and journeys
- Inspiring others with evidence-based storytelling
- Ability to work remotely with a distributed team
- Willingness to learn about new concepts and adopt new tools
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
Every employee in Tyk has an import role that supposed to help the business to succeed and grow. We are all trusted and as such, expected to work independently and to manage our own time.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.