Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We are looking for a Technical Team Lead to work closely with both regional and global leads to shape the future of the Solution Architect team.
Onboarding, education (internal & external), qualifications and hiring will be at the core of all that you do. Building process and alignment within the commercial organisations to ensure we increase revenue whilst delivering a trusting experience with our prospects.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- You will work closely with both regional and global leads to shape the future of the Solution Architect team. Onboarding, education (internal & external), qualifications and hiring will be at the core of all that you do.
- Building process and alignment within the commercial organisations to ensure we increase revenue whilst delivering trusting experience with our prospects.
- As the regional Technical Team Lead, your deep technical background and extensive experience of code development, complexity, troubleshooting, customer relationship management, and problem solving at an enterprise level will shape all that you do.
- By demonstrating a deep technical understanding of our prospects’ use cases and digital transformation journey, you will help design their APIM vision and consider their overall digital strategy with Tyk.
- Conversations will quickly alternate; one day it will be business logic discussions with a CTO to the next with an entry level developer. Having the ability to quickly shift context to have conversations that range from deep dives into the specifics of SSL and TLS, caching, Kubernetes, load-balancing, reverse-proxying, rate limiting, using the terminal, pair programming, or even helping a customer debug live is at the heart or what you do.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Must be hands on, strong coding and engineering experience with an ability to personally help drive revenue on significant deals with the skill set to manage both in person and remotely.
- An ability to lead technical conversations with the C suite, developers, and DevOps engineers to understand and architect APIM strategies for a range of enterprise customer segments
- Proven capability in contributing to the design of highly reliable and scalable end-to-end On-Premises and Cloud APIM infrastructure for prospects
- Highly skilled in the prioritisation of work; adept in appropriately resourcing projects, from PoCs to custom plugins right through to integration considerations
- Seasoned in hearing prospect requirements, understanding the commercial value and documenting via detailed feature specifications
- Comfortable pair programming with other members of the team in order to continuously develop the Solution Architect team and debug prospect issues -backed by a strong understanding of Kubernetes, containers, Docker, Linux, GO and Java
- Strong presentation skills; running technical workshops in GraphQL, Kubernetes, and other areas in order to guide prospects towards Tyk solutions
- Experience in training and mentoring technical colleagues to ensure continuous development of the team
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io