Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We are looking for a Technical Research Analyst who has a passion for performing research on technologies within, related and adjacent to the API Management market.
Showcase your awareness of best strategies, practices, competitors and opportunities through research reports and identify and interpret technology and market trends. Enable us to be ahead of the curve by producing content with relevant information, actions and advice to our departments and provide consultancy and domain expertise on concepts and emerging trends.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop prototypes and proof-of-concepts to demonstrate value and feasibility.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Performing research on active projects
- Improving the content of our API Management knowledge base
- Studying and assessing API Management vendors and their capabilities
- Providing stakeholders with actionable advice
- Assisting with presentation material for industry analyst vendor briefings
- Assessing and prioritising research initiatives
- Writing research proposals
- Participating in Research Team meetings, activities and workflows
- Collaborating within the Research Team and our other departments
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Enthusiasm and capability to learn new technologies and skills
- Analytical mindset with an ability to produce high quality deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Reliably works to deadlines
- Able to influence and persuade others
- Enthusiastic about open source software
- Understanding of software development processes, devops, automated testing and automated deployment GitOps practices
- Knowledge of APIs and API Management is desirable
- Knowledge of key technologies and standards in the API Management space, including topics such as OAS, OAuth 2.0, OIDC, REST, GraphQL, AsyncAPI or Service Mesh is desirable
- Experience of software architecture & development. Go and Kubernetes is desirable
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io