Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
This role is intended to take primary responsibility for ensuring we meet our ongoing requirements relating to quality, information security and business continuity.
It is about:
- Taking a disciplined approach to the daily, weekly, monthly and annual tasks defined by ISO, SOC and ourselves
- Taking a creative approach to embedding processes into the way the business works
- Bringing gravity to the processes, procedure and policies and keeping them in the minds of Tyk employees
- Ensuring we are audit ready
- Continually improving how we approach both the management of quality and security
- Continually improving the layout, structure and documentation of the system
- Continually streamlining our management system to keep it simple but not simpler than it needs to be – cutting out bureaucracy without losing comprehensiveness
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Perform periodic internal audits on company procedures and processes and report on the organization’s compliance (to quality, information security and business continuity standards)
- Identify, analyze, and resolve compliance issues.
- Ensure that all policies and standards are regularly reviewed and up-to-date.
- Keep the company’s process mapping and responsibilities structure chart up to date.
- Develop and update existing compliance policies and related documentation.
- Proactively research to stay up-to-date with regulations and rules.
- Communicate regulations to internal and external parties.
- Assist with management review preparation.
- Take ownership for ad-hoc compliance queries from the business, suppliers and customers escalating where needed.
- Provides governance for data classification, segregation of duties and system access controls in line with central IT policies.
- Collect, record, review and close nonconformances relating to audit findings and process issues
- Oversee management system and information security awareness training
- Commercially minded together with compliance oriented – able to find balance between security & allowing teams to maintain their dynamic approach to work.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strong knowledge of industry compliance requirements and standards.
- Good understanding of SaaS Business.
- Good understanding of Governance, Risk, and Compliance in IT environment.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Previous experience as a compliance analyst, compliance officer, compliance manager, or similar position in a related field.
- Advanced analytical abilities.
- Effective research skills.
- Experience with ISO and other security standards.
- Experience of building strong working relationships and demonstrating strong stakeholder management skills with a variety of stakeholders across divisions and territories at all levels of the business.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a Startup environment
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a remote working environment
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certificate
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor certificate
- ISO 22301 Lead Auditor certificate
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io