Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
Tyk Customer Support is the best in the business. We’ve been called ‘too fast’ by clients and we’re known for having knowledgeable and quality engineers responding to clients – no ‘first-line support’. We’re looking for a Support Engineer to help us build on our reputation for great support, dealing with client support tickets, call requests and community forum posts. In this role you can also contribute to product development, helping implement features and contributing to product discussions from a support perspective. We are helping our customers solve their critical API Management issues, whether that be through custom integrations, partnership relationships, or simply troubleshooting upgrades with their engineering team. You will work with engineers from the product team to enhance our offering and convey the clients’ needs, as well as contribute to the product, support documentation and other supporting assets. We’re looking for highly-technical people with Support Engineering experience, who are happy to hit the ground running and help to design what great customer support looks like at Tyk. In return we offer you the opportunity to build your skills as an engineer, through collaborating on our open source product and helping to validate and fix customer issues.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Answering complex incoming customer tickets and requests, often involving troubleshooting and reading source code
- Supporting customers over screen shares/calls
- Validating customer bug reports
- Validating customer feature requests
- Owning and managing severity issues for customers
- Effectively communicating customer support processes to clients
- Contributing to client facing content/documentation to support them better
- Building relationships with existing clients to better understand how they’re using Tyk
- Monitoring our community forum
- Advocating for the customer at Tyk
- Contributing to the vision for Next Level Support at Tyk
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience providing technical support for a complex product
- Experience working collaboratively with core engineering teams
- Enthusiasm for dealing directly with clients
- Should have experience in a server side programming language, Go would be extremely advantageous
Excellent English writing skills
- Background in software development and/or solution architecture
- General usage of Linux, scripting and related utilities
- Client-facing activities such as video conference calls and in-person meetings
- Understanding of common internet technologies, protocols, standards and data formats
- Solid experience in backend engineering and/or solution architecture for complex systems.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home.You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mum’s house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io