Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
You are experienced in understanding a customers journey from PoC to production; with a passion for commercials, on-boarding new customers and find delight in customer progression. You thrive on building strong relationships within an organisation and becoming an asset to your customers. A genuine passion for technology, understanding the difference between JSON and YAML or Go and Python; maybe you have dabbled with code yourself. You take pride in working with accounts of all sizes and ensuring each receives the same level of support. You flourish when creating win-win situations by providing a best in class experience for your customers, ensuring you retain and grow your assigned accounts.
You’ll join our distributed team, where you’ll be tasked with supporting our pre-sales and product team, managing our Asia-Pac accounts and engaging with new prospects in your territory.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- The prime objective of your role is to drive customer success, adoption of product features and to ensure our solution becomes a critical part of our customer’s infrastructure. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for identifying customers goals, understanding their business, engineering and product objectives; integrating yourself into their teams to ensure Tyk is the driving force in enabling their success.Working closely with our Consultant Engineers, you will onboard new customers, ensure they get into production within their specified timeline and continue to build relationships with key contacts within the organisation.
Retention and growth will be front of mind in all that you do. Building out strategic account plans, utilising data, network and relationships to expand Tyk’s footprint within an organisation. The ultimate goal for each account you own; becoming a critical and core part of their technology stack/strategy for years to come.
You will be a play a key role in what we call ‘closing the loop’ – working closely with many departments within Tyk; your observations from current customers challenges, alongside market trends, will feed-back directly into our Product and Marketing teams – heavily influencing how we develop and message our future product, further ensuring success and bleeding-edge innovation.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Extremely detail-oriented and organised without a fear of over-communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in delivering and accelerating product feedback in close collaboration with other internal departments
- Self-motivated, pro-active team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and product adoption
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to ‘talk tech’ with a range of stakeholders; from Developers, Lead Engineers right up to VP’s and C-level contacts
- You have a genuine passion for product and an ability to recommend technical feature adoption based on customers requirements
- You have an understanding of developer tools and languages
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role such as; customer success management, account management, account executive or technical account management roles, dealing with technical/ software dev related solutions
- Demonstrable experience of taking successful projects from ideation through to completion stage with multiple stakeholders involved
- You are able to deliver presentations or use the most appropriate platform to address customers’ queries or future plans when opportunities arise
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io