Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We’ve spent the last two years setting a solid foundation for Tyk’s global marketing efforts: shouting from the rooftops as loud as we can give our diminutive size; cultivating a growing and passionate Tyk community; and taking our open-source mantra out on the road – from the Americas to Australia.
We are looking for a technical pre-sales architect to join a fast growing software company to help uncover, nurture, and build technical relationships in commercial accounts across North America. You’ll be working with the sales team to conduct client meetings, technical demonstrations, remote video calls, and other introductions to the Tyk platform. You will help gather technical requirements and build technical trust through concept validations, needs, questions, and customer interaction.The ideal candidate will have a history of success in startup environments focused on a technical solution while displaying a proven ability to work as part of a team, build something where nothing exists, and instil instant technical trust and accountability with the customer, partner, and internal relationships.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Evangelize all of the wonderful technological attributes with prospects, customers, and partners.
- Work with the sales team to meet and exceed team sales quotas.
- Gather, understand, and develop customer requirements for API Gateway & Management platform.
- Stay up to date and current with Tyk technology platform, future releases, roadmap initiatives, and market trends.
- Assist the Sales team to manage new and existing client and partner relationship engagements to help drive pipeline, revenue, and customer satisfaction.
- Set and manage customer/prospect expectations for their technical experience with the Tyk product portfolio.
- Support POC’s and assist throughout a customer’s evaluation process.
- Understand the Tyk code and how it applies to a customer’s requirements and use case.
- Provide overviews, demos, concept introductions, and other technical components of the pre-sales process.
- Work with the engineering team to develop collateral, recommend improvements, guide customer journeys, and update Tyk public facing documentation.
- Understand the competitive market landscape and how Tyk fits vs competition.
- Help qualify sales opportunities and ask technical questions in order to qualify and prioritize leads and new opportunities.
- Assist prospects on their Tyk journey by helping train, onboard, and familiarizing them with Tyk and API concepts and terminology.
- Work closely with consulting engineers and product teams to review prospect requirements compared to Tyk’s capabilities as well as help resolve technical queries during customers’ evaluation stage.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing teams to identify and plan events applicable to the business in search of new prospects and partners.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience working with open source technology.
- Hands on coding and engineering experience
- Developer background.
- Curiosity, tinkering, and a problem solving can-do mindset and attitude.
- Knowledge/mastery of Kubernetes, containers, Docker, Linux, GO, Java.
- Ability to switch context from technical to business and back to technical during a conversation with a prospect.
- Proven Solutions Architecture/Engineering and customer management experience, preferably in Technology Sales.
- History of handling technical questions, new demos, customer interactions, and all customer communication.
- Ability to present proposals and articulate core technical value proposition.
- Proven track record of quota achievement and working with sales, product, and marketing teams.
- Familiarity with application development processes, concepts, terminology, and frameworks.
- Background in CI/CD, containers, or other microservices focused platforms.
- Solid digital background with understanding and/or at least 5 years hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io