Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Audi, Dominos, Starbucks, to the Financial Times, RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
Dev Exp is a key element in Tyk’s growth. We are looking for a talented engineer to join our DX team and join a very exciting ride. We are in the process of creating new devtools and solutions to cater to our broad range of users and customers. If you are an engineer that is passionate about developer experience, if you enjoy bringing new ideas to life, if you like building stuff, keen to make everything more efficient and reduce friction from engineers day-to-day work, then this is the role you always wanted!
What you will be responsible for:
- Collaborate to plan, design and write APIs, OAS, documentation and code SDKs, CLIs, Tyk plugins and other devtools
- Consult and advise the product team with human centric approach, best DX practices and SDLC to achieve best results for the user as well as the business.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Create CLIs, SDKs and devtools
- Improve and benchmark existing tools.
- Be an expert in the way our users use the product and come up with ideas and solutions to improve their development velocity.
- Implement GitOps principles into the product offering
- DX research proposals and architecture
- Help assess and prioritise research initiatives for the product team
- Improving the technical content of our API Management knowledge base
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Development Experience
- Experience in Containerisation, Kubernetes and Helm charts
- Gitops and infrastructure automation experience
- Familiarity with API design and API Management
- Capable of designing and coding APIs, CLIs, SDKs and other supportive devtools.
- Understand code (in a few high level programming languages), architect and design small-medium projects like devtools, SDKs.
- Commercial awareness – understanding the marking and environment we are working in is the base for everything we do
- Enthusiastic, self-starter and genuinely keen to learn new technologies and skills (You will need to learn our products to support the squads on the UXDX aspect)
- Analytical mindset
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Golang skills. Able to architect, design and code small projects independently
- Knowledge of key technologies and standards in the API Management space, including topics such as OAS, OAuth 2.0, OIDC, REST, GraphQL, Service Mesh, Kubernetes, Helm charts (not everything in the list)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Reliably works to deadlines
- Great communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in SW architecture, such as Design Patterns or High-Level System Design
- Research knowledge. Conduct product research, user research with a full report
- Solid experience in relevant field or industry
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io