Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
With the launch of our new Tyk Cloud platform we’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to manage, maintain, improve and provide support on our new platform. You will be curious by nature, always looking for ways to improve, as we will look to you for new ideas, solutions and metrics on how we can improve the platform. You will also be our first line of incident management to our clients and will help define our response going forward. This is a great opportunity to become an integral part of Tyk Cloud as we continue on our journey.
As a remote first company, you will have the opportunity to work with an industry leading distributed team. Having access to expertise from across the globe will give you both the support and opportunity to help shape not only Tyk’s Cloud platform but also the Tyk as a whole as we continue to grow.
- Maintaining global Tyk Cloud within SLOs you will help to define
- Identifying reliability issues and working together with your squad to solve them
- Identifying and introducing new metrics and building relevant dashboards
- Responding to reliability incidents
- Working with your squad to expand multi-region and multi-cloud reach of the platform
- Documenting operational knowledge
- Conducting post-incident analysis
- Automating common tasks
Essential skills and experience:
- Launching and operating production Kubernetes clusters
- Designing and operating infrastructure on AWS
- Operating MongoDB (or other document database) clusters
- Operating Redis (or other key-value storage) clusters
- Administering Linux servers
- Maintaining distributed software
- Operating Prometheus and Grafana
- Operating ELK stack
- Grasp of networking concepts (subnets, routing, peering, load balancing, NAT, etc.)
- Common networking protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, UDP)
- Engineering highly-available globally-distributed systems
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with GCP and Azure
- Bare metal infrastructure engineering
- API management experience
- Large scale distributed storage management
- Familiarity with Rancher
- AWS EKS
- Creating and delivering production software in Go language
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io