Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Audi, Dominos, Starbucks, to the Financial Times, RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team. The product area for this role is Tyk Cloud, our SaaS offering. The Tyk Cloud platform allows customers to deploy the full Tyk Enterprise API Management platform in the region of their choice within minutes. For this role, you’ll need to have a growth mindset, to improve metrics from customer acquisition, activation through to retention. You’ll be keen to make fast, data-driven decisions that benefit both the customer and the business.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Work hand in hand with technical leads, UX designers and other teams to ensure the product has business value, user value and technical feasibility
- Actively monitor and communicate acquisition, activation, usage and retention data for the SaaS product
- Work directly with the delivery product manager and scrum master in your product area to deliver on your strategic vision in an efficient time scale
- Work with the commercial team to identify specific areas of opportunity in our existing customer base
- Work with the product marketing and wider marketing team to accurately depict the value proposition of your existing and upcoming product work
- Work with the user research team to identify areas of opportunity within the wider market of potential users
- Collaborate with the UX team to document user types, user journeys and workflows for your specific product area
- Actively participate in customer activities that involve your product area to develop and evangelise the strategy you create e.g. webinars
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience owning the end to end product lifecycle in a B2B SaaS technical product area
- Understanding of Development team ecosystems and environments (Cloud, hybrid, on-prem)
- Effective stakeholder management, negotiation and collaboration skills (both internal and external) – there will be competing priorities that you’ll need to manage
- Customer centric mindset and data driven approach to product strategy
- Great communication skills – responsible for pulling together multiple stakeholders with varying needs and expectations, need to align everyone
- Clear understanding of how APIs work and the main challenges with managing APIs
- Product & Systems thinking – Tyk is a complex technical product and you’ll be required to understand the ins and outs of the full user and system lifecycle
At Tyk we believe that experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes us stronger, creates a problem-solving environment and inspires creative thinking. As such even if you don’t tick all of the above points but still think you could be amazing – we’d love for you to tell us why!
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io