Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help to shape the future of the Tyk Cloud platform. You will be responsible for integrating our stack to all major cloud providers and developing our strategy for integration into Kubernetes and Service mesh. This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer to join Tyk at the early stages of our Cloud offering and really help us to shape what that will look like going forward.
- Building our Kubernetes operator and ingress controller
- Collaborate on design and configuration, ensuring a balance of stability, security and flexibility
- Help to refine and plan the requirements for Tyk Cloud
- Continual improvement of Tyk Cloud
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Quantifiable experience in some form of senior-level programming
- Proven examples of delivering software for Kubernetes or other orchestration tools
- Designed highly-available distributed software
- Automated testing practices
- Experience building applications in Go, C, C++
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with Redis and MongoDB
- Very organized and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Hands on development experience scaling complex systems
- Considerable backend engineering experience
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io