Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a talented and motivated Senior Product Manager to join us as we continue our ambitious growth plans.
The Senior Product Manager will own the direction and strategy for our Core API Management product area, leading a talented team of technical experts, product managers, testers, and UX magicians to deliver our product ambitions.
You’d need to be expert at researching, creating, and validating compelling product strategies which can be distilled into deliverable outcomes. Additionally, you’d be skilled at creating and measuring product value propositions which allow us to monetise but still deliver deep customer satisfaction, taking advantage of our R&D functions to hit our product market fit every time.
You’d have a desire to be seen as an expert in your field across the wider APIM industry, be comfortable talking about our products to external audiences, and being a lead advocate for what we do. We also want you to be close to customers and customer facing functions to understand opportunities and shape these with clarity.
You’d be looking after the core of our APIM functionality – how we create, change, secure, and authenticate our API’s; seamless integrations with database technologies; exciting policy as code capabilities; logging, monitoring, and debugging.
If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Defining and maintaining the strategic roadmap for your product area in line with the wider company, product strategy and market needs
- Be constantly looking for ways to improve your product area to better suit the needs of our customers and wider market
- Prioritising themes of work and identifying how we can release value in small increments
- Provide ongoing communications about your product area to the rest of the organisation and to our customers to build momentum and excitement
- Communicating the customer and user needs of your product area for your delivery teams as well as the wider organisation
- Ongoing measuring and reporting of how your product area is performing by means of commercial, marketing and product usage data
- Empower the delivery teams in your product area to effectively translate your vision into a prioritised release plan – you should not be a bottleneck
- Develop a deep understanding of your entire product area and become the internal knowledge hub for your product area to make effective decisions and set expectations – this should all be clearly documented and available for all to see
- Helping the commercial team to build effective pricing strategies for your product area
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience owning the end to end product lifecycle of technical products
- Effective stakeholder management, negotiation and collaboration skills (both internal and external) – there will be competing priorities that you’ll need to manage
- Customer centric mindset and data driven approach to product strategy
- Great communication skills – you will be responsible for pulling together multiple stakeholders with varying needs and expectations, you need to align everyone
- Clear understanding of how APIs work and the main challenges with managing APIs
- Product & Systems thinking – Tyk is a complex technical product and you’ll be required to understand the ins and outs of the full user and system lifecycle
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io