Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
- We’re looking for a Snr Go Developer that can work with our product and engineering team to deliver the next generation of the Tyk platform, both the open-source and the closed-source applications.
- You will be working on our Universal Data Graph protect which embraces GraphQL schemas, which is an exciting part of our product stack.
- We want you to be a talented developer who has an innovative mindset; challenging the Product Managers on direction, bringing technical concepts to us which we had not thought of, and developing POC’s to show your thinking.
- We would love someone who is keen on engineering and DevOps processes, and can help us continually improve what we do in terms of quality and speed, and also helping us create more automation in deployment, integration, and test. You will work with our Technical Lead and our Software Engineering Manager to identify, grow, and realise opportunities to do better.
- We want you to inspire and mentor junior engineers, and act as a beacon of good practice; you can help us train the next generation of developers through our graduate program through code reviews, pair programming and mentoring. Or take advantage of the learning opportunities available through our internal programmes.
- You’ll work with our growing team of Product Managers, Backend and Frontend developers, QA engineers and UX / DX designers. We’re growing quickly, so you can also help us hire and expand our product team.
- We love to see radical responsibility, controlled risk taking and innovation, coupled with good code and code development practices – if this sounds like you, get in touch
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Lead and participate in code and design reviews, teach and learn from other engineers
- Design and code innovative solutions for our Universal Data Graph, ensuring good levels of test coverage and low levels of technical debt
- Help inform and develop the strategy and roadmap for Universal Data Graph
- Be an innovator, and challenge us with new ideas and concepts we’ve missed
- Mentor and grow junior engineers
- Help us improve our software delivery lifecycle, and help us on our mission to devolve a DevOps mindset into our engineering squads
- Be a beacon of good practice in terms of our kanban process, and ensure you lead and inspire on good quality unit test, coding standards, test automation, and adherence to definition of done
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build, and improve our product.
- Ask questions, listen and then deliver solutions.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Very organized and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Experience mentoring junior members of a team
- Hands on development experience with server development
- Strong backend engineering experience in Go
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with DevOps and Kubernetes is a strong bonus
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io