Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Audi, Dominos, Starbucks, to the Financial Times, RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
We are looking for a talented Senior Go Developer to help us scope, build, and maintain our Developer Portal. We’d love you to have experience with CMS frameworks, have a strong understanding and practical experience with TDD. You will be an expert-level Golang developer. If you understand or have worked with QoR frameworks, then this is a bonus!
You will be an experienced line manager and mentor, and comfortable with leading the way in terms of quality. You will also be an advocate of high levels of automation in our engineering process, pushing us to continuously improve our software delivery lifecycle every day.
You will be working on a cutting edge piece of our product strategy which will have high levels of exposure and kudos as it develops. Working with a talented team of Product Managers, Technical Leads, engineers, UX Designers, and QA experts, you will be a leader for this product team in shaping and delivering high quality product.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Implementation of end to end functionalities on both the CMS side as well as on the public/website side.
- Work closely with your technical lead to suggest innovations and new capabilities for your product area, building out POCs
- Be a lead advocate for engineering quality – leading adherence to definition of done, improving unit test accuracy, improving test automation, and ensuring the amount of stories coming back from QA are minimised
- Be a process improver – suggesting improvements on how we engineer – policies, process, tooling, standards – and working with your technical lead and our software engineering manager to embed this into our working practices
- Lead and foster a DevOps mindset, always looking for ways to improve our CI/CD pipeline in conjunction with software engineering manager and DevOps resources
- Be comfortable in helping demonstrating our product to internal and external audiences
- Comfortable in a Scrum environment, helping to lead standups on rotation
- Full responsibility over code quality, performance, architecture and design choices
- Participate in code and design reviews, teach and learn from other engineers
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build, and improve our product
- Help on train and mentor junior developers
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Be comfortable line managing, and developing, mentoring, and performance managing a team
- Experience building applications in Go
- Developed web services with REST APIs
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and technologies such as CI/CD, configuration management, virtual machines or containers, and cloud hosting services such as AWS, etc.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Hands on development experience scaling complex systems
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source
- Like to ask questions, listen and then deliver
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar experience
- Fluent at spoken and written English
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.