Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Audi, Dominos and Starbucks, to the Financial Times, RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
You will be responsible for designing and building a transformation of our Helm charts for on premises installations of recommended configurations. You will also be responsible for keeping these up to date when new capabilities are added across the stack. We will also require occasional help to design and code out solutions for our Tyk Operator. You will also be expected to manage a small team, and mentor and improve mid-weight and / or junior engineers.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Provide technical leadership to the Tyk Kubernetes Operator and Tyk Helm charts projects, working with the Product Manager to suggest new ideas or challenge existing strategy.
- Be a key shaper and contributor to our continuous improvement agenda – be it the clarity of our user stories, how we estimate, or how we ensure continuous testing, we expect this role to be advocate of continuous improvement
- Line management of a small team – mentoring, improving, leading performance reviews, assisting in objective setting, and reviewing progress against our progression matrix
- Lead the drive to embed and run a DevOps and DevEx culture where we have a clear focus on release engineering quality and automation
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strong backend engineering experience in Go
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm chart based installation – Delivering software for Kubernetes or other orchestration tools or extending Kubernetes with controllers
- Strong understanding of reference architecture configurations for Helm charts
- Passion for continuously improvement software delivery lifecycle
- Experience of influencing and guiding product strategies through technical knowledge
- Line and team management and mentorship
- Good working experience of security first software development
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io