Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We are looking for a Scrum Master to support and enhance our delivery model, working alongside our Senior Scrum Master to facilitate Scrum Ceremonies with our Squads and make them fun and engaging.
You will support our squads by shielding them from external interference and removing blockers that inhibit productivity whilst guiding our product squads on the use of scrum and agile practices. You will also act as a coach and mentor to make the squads more self-sufficient in running Scrum.
You will be a role model for collaborative behaviours, agile values and drive continuous improvement initiatives. You will be motivated to keep your product squads safe and engaged through running team health checks and retrospectives.
You will be metric oriented and have detailed knowledge on the key health indicators of Scrum and how to measure them ; helping the Senior Scrum Master build insightful and actionable KPI’s and OKR’s.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Work with your squads and Product Managers / Owners to set up and run effective and efficient scrum ceremonies
- Work with Product Owners and Product Leadership Team to organise team roadmaps and backlogs which deliver on the imperatives of the organization
- Be the conscience of the squads and the PO’s – ensure we are being true to our process, and we are being true to the principles of Scrum
- Work closely with Product Owners to ensure that we are estimating correctly, we are not creating undue pressure, and that our squads are happy and have a good work /life balance
- Run health and happiness surveys and help us head of resource or happiness issues within our product areas
- Demonstrate and lead a continuous improvement mindset to our processes – always looking to improve and make our delivery better quality
- Assemble the key delivery metrics for your product area on a monthly basis
- Assist with tooling improvements on Jira which make our process run more efficiently
- Ensure our squads adhere to our definition of done criteria and continuously ensure that these standards are hit
- Help Product Owners run the retro process, and ensure accepted suggestions are logged and actioned
- Work with the squads and the Product Owners to prepare realistic delivery plans based on a sound confidence rating – ensure these are communicated to the Senior Scrum Master
- Be flexible and resilient in your approach to the wider organisation – standing strong against unrealistic delivery expectations or finding more flexible and innovative ways to work
- Be adaptive in your approach to release via applying the most appropriate framework to the level of risk
- Arbitrate across product owners to ensure the release content is achievable and dependencies are known and agreed by Product Owners, squads, and the Lead Architect
- Ensure releases are assessed for technical achieveability, risk, and regression impact through asking the right questions of the senior engineers and QA resources within the squad
- Empower the Product Owners to act independently with a degree of controlled risk – Scrum Master will arbitrate the guardrails, but encourage the PO and squad to push on and make an impact
- Protect the PO and squad from external interferences and radiate information both inbound and outbound from the wider organisation
- Working with Marcoms and Product Evangelists to ensure releases are documented and the relevant go to market activity is completed (blogs / whitepapers)
- Act as the arranger and facilitator of wider company demos and show and tells
- Input into the performance management process where requested by giving feedback on an individual level
- Leading the fun element of the PO / squad model – naming ceremonies, recognition, kudos, mini retreats, socials etc
- Gather data for your product area which inputs into the change approval process for releases Ensure the squads and PO’s take a documentation first approach to product
- Work with Product Owners to continually improve the standard of our ticketing – be it story, epic, bug, or task – so that we reduce ambiguity in build
- Be a key lead in assisting the horizon planning process for the next release for your product area
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable solid Scrum / agile delivery experience
- A working understanding of the squad model
- Working experience of OKR’s preferred
- Demonstrable experience of squad or team direction setting / collaboration
- Understanding of the API lifecycle management industry and the API management lifecycle
- A working understanding of design thinking
- A working understanding of the squad model
- Exposure to, and understanding of, corporate and product strategies
- Solid experience of product measurement – understanding of how to measure product value
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io