Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Audi, Dominos, Starbucks, to the Financial Times, RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
As Tyk’s first Americas based Sales Development Representative, you’ll be responsible for growing, managing, and qualifying top of funnel pipeline for the commercial team. If met with a challenge, you are not deterred, actually, quite the opposite; you seek to resolve any barriers met with creativity and persistence – always ensuring you get the result you set out to. You enjoy leveraging technology to increase your efficiency but don’t shy away from getting your hands dirty – being quick and lean is always front of mind, working through manual processes as we test and then scale. Being one of our first SDR’s for the Americas region, you will have autonomy and opportunity to directly influence how we develop this role over the coming twelve months and beyond. This should not daunt you but excite you.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
Leveraging data, email, phone, and social channels, you’ll build and execute a playbook to engage with both inbound and highly targeted outbound leads. Identifying which organisations are ready to move forward with Tyk and creating Initial Qualified Meetings for our Account Executives. You will become an expert in qualification of prospects relating to Tyk’s unique value proposition and product offering.
Key to being successful is identifying which platform is relevant for our prospects and guiding them confidently through the process, creating a delightful initial interaction with Tyk. Working with the VP Sales and Marketing Manager, Americas, you will build highly targeted and scalable outbound lead generation campaigns that are scalable. You will leverage business & industry knowledge to discover companies, identify key players, generate interest, map out and develop accounts.
Attribution is at the forefront of what we do at Tyk. You will work directly within Hubspot (and other tools) to ensure we can track, analyse and iterate on our processes effectively and efficiently. This truly is an exciting and crucial role at Tyk, that can be developed and deeply influenced by you.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in working in close collaboration with other internal departments such as marketing or other commercial teams.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer engagement. Interest and experience driving digital sales via Linkedin for example.
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role such as; sales development representative, business development representative, account executive, sales. If experience within the Dev Tools market, extra points.
- Intent listener and a passionate communicator with interpersonal skills; an ability to ‘talk tech’ with a range of stakeholders. Extra points if experienced in working with Developers, Lead Engineers right up to VP’s and C-level contacts.
- A genuine go-getter attitude who self inspires to walk through walls. Resilient in the face of rejection and learns from such.
- Highly organised and able to adapt to changing priorities, quickly.
- A commitment to growth in sales. Ability to manage and drive digital sales campaigns.
- Ability to travel to Atlanta based office on an adhoc basis as required
Here’s why you should join us:
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision packages
- 401k plan
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io