Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London – UK, London – Ontario, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
We are seeking an entry level grad to become a delivery professional. If you are a STEM/Business or Project Management Graduate or an individual with experience and keen interest in Product and Project Delivery within the SaaS industry. This Entry Level / Graduate role involves working closely with our Change and Delivery Team.
You will have the opportunity to learn about:
- Tyk’s Products and the SaaS industry – You’ll delve into the world of cutting-edge products and the Software as a Service (SaaS) industry, developing a deep understanding of how these technologies are revolutionising business.
- SCRUM and Agile Methodologies – You’ll be introduced to SCRUM and Agile methodologies, providing you with the tools and knowledge to efficiently manage projects, enhance team collaboration, and deliver exceptional results
- Product Ownership – You’ll get some exposure to how we decide what to build for our product. Prioritisation, value proposition, how we refine our stories, acceptance criteria , effort sizing. You can also spend time with some of our Senior Product Managers to understand how they direct the product
- Waterfall Delivery – You’ll also have exposure to traditional Waterfall delivery methods, enabling you to compare and contrast different project management approaches, and understanding when each is best applied.
- Change Management – You will be involved in change management processes, allowing you to land change in a way that drives great advocacy
- Business Case – You’ll learn to craft persuasive business cases, a critical skill in decision-making and resource allocation within organisations.
- Resistance Management – Understanding how to manage and address resistance to change will be a key part of your skillset, ensuring the smooth implementation of new initiatives.
- Continuous Improvement – We encourage a culture of continuous improvement, and you will have the chance to be a part of this journey, driving ongoing enhancements and innovations
- Operating Models and Building Fast Flow Processes – technology change often drives us to change the organisation, or processes. You will be exposed to how we look at operating models, and techniques on maximising process flow (value chains, team topologies etc)
- Influence, persuasion, and communication – being able to express ideas or decisions in a way which gains you support, and removes blockers
- Self organising teams, team culture, and wellbeing – Tyk has people from over 40 countries with a range of different backgrounds and outlooks. You can dive into the culture of self organisation, empowerment, and how we look after our people
This is a 1 year programme, following the year If successful you will be offered a permanent position into Tyk.
During the 1 year programme you will work with our Change and Delivery team, and also have the opportunity to spend time in broader business departments to gain an insight into the wider business. In addition, you will also attend graduate programme days at our Head office in London, UK.
What we are looking for:
- A recent graduate driven by curiosity and will to learn.
- An individual ready to take on new challenges and learn in a dynamic environment.
- A techy, who enjoys diving deep into Product and Project Delivery.
- A detail-oriented member, who has a love for organisation, attention to detail and with an interest to deliver great customer outcomes.
Successful candidates will have achieved high academic standards as well as being able to demonstrate a commitment for a career in the software industry. We will be looking for evidence of attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
- Volunteering Days
- Employee Wellbeing platform
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io