Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a Product Owner, this is a fantastic opportunity to play in shaping the Tyk product to enable us to hit our objectives. Looking after a key part of the API lifecycle management journey, the Product Owner will operate within the guardrails of the corporate and product strategy, delivering user centric innovation and change to our platform. You’ll be technically proficient, with a strong understanding of API Management – but you will also deeply understand customer motivations, and how to shape a product to deliver value to our customers. Maybe you are a APIM experienced ex back-end engineer, a solutions architect, or a technical consultant who wants a reconversion into product
Heres what you’ll be getting up to:
- Work closely with the Product Leadership Team to understand the strategic direction for our product and play a key part in delivering major releases to the organisation.
- Assist our Marcoms team in campaign content and messaging for product innovation in your capability area.
- Translation of customer outcomes to technical requirement, working with the squad to design out the appropriate solution.
- You will look after a specific delivery squad for your product area, made up of engineers, testers, and UX experts to ensure the quality of your delivery is seamless and adheres to the customer-centric principles of Tyk.
- Lead your squad via owning your own capability roadmap, which will be made up of major release work, project work, incremental change, bug fix, and innovation. You will run a clear prioritised backlog which gives a clear direction to the squad.
- Own, update, and maintain a capability and architecture map for your product area in conjunction with your squad, and have the ability to provide capability gap analysis
- Work with agreed operational key results (OKR’s).
- Collaborate with your squad to identify, ideate, and shape exciting new ideas for your capability area through the application of design thinking.
- For major releases or projects, you will act as a capability lead – owning the journey for your capability area, defining use cases, acceptance criteria, and test cases.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation – you will be interfacing into Support, other Product Owners, Engineering, UX, Consulting, Account Managers, PLT; a great collaborative instinct is essential
- Set and lead your own delivery cadence for opportunities which can be delivered within the squad and not need a major release. You will ensure the concept, use cases, design, delivery, test, and launch are all of the quality in conjunction with your squad.
- Ensure that high priority support calls are dealt with to SLA
- Partner with your squad to improve defect rate, automation, process efficiency etc
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Solid product owner experience
- Demonstrable Scrum / agile delivery experience
- Strong understanding of the API lifecycle management industry and the API management lifecycle, potentially with experience in API management dashboards, gateways, different data sources (i.e. REST , GraphQL)
- A working understanding of design thinking
- A working understanding of the squad model
- Exposure to, and understanding of, corporate and product strategies
- Experience in product measurement experience – understanding of how to measure product value
- Working experience of OKR’s preferred
- Demonstrable experience of squad or team direction setting/collaboration
- Scrum or agile qualification
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team and as such you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io