Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We are looking for a highly technical Customer Success Engineer to ensure our customers success by providing consulting and assurance to our clients. The Customer Success Engineer at Tyk is the key point of contact for our clients technical relationships and should be as comfortable demonstrating requirements as discussing them.
Our Customer Success Engineers spend their time on calls with clients, building PoC’s using Tyk and assisting users with their technical onboarding, whilst feeding customer insights back into our product teams.
Customer Success Engineers are highly technical folks who build relationships with the technical contacts in our clients’ businesses, and should be comfortable discussing and working with a wide range of technologies.
Customer Success Engineers support Tyk’s users in a post-sales capacity, working closely with our Account Management and Support teams. The role of the Customer Success Engineer at Tyk is to ensure customers are successfully using Tyk and achieving their goals with the platform, building relationships with technical users and feeding customer insights into our product team.
This role works in a partnership relationship with account managers and customers as the customer’s representative inside Tyk to ensure that:
Installations are running smoothly and they are getting value from the product.
We are helping them solve their critical API Management issues, whether that be through custom integrations, partnership relationships or simply troubleshooting upgrades with their engineering team.
Customers can get best-practice guidance and advice on their overall solution, are onboarded in agreed timeframes, and we continuously improve their usage of Tyk and support the Account Management team with revenue expansion opportunities. This might include:
- Taking part in calls and meetings to discuss requirements
- Answering questions and provide recommendations
- For complex scenarios, it may be necessary to propose a solution or create a proof of concept to satisfactorily demonstrate that the requirements can be met
- Some opportunities may be in conjunction with partners, which will require you to work with them to integrate Tyk into an overall solution.
Beyond this, the Customer Success Engineer will work with the rest of the team to enhance the assets available to support the discipline, generating user content and feeding into our product process.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Work closely and support customers to getting Tyk into production and ensuring they are getting full value out of the solution
- On-board and train customers to ensure they are confident in using the solution
- Reach out to the customer regularly to identify their teething problems, their internal roadmap and any future requirements that they need to manage which Tyk can (or can’t) help them with. Building Technical roadmaps and account plans
- Supporting clients with upgrades and further product adoption
- Be a point of escalation for support issues for clients, where appropriate
- Act in a consultative capacity for customers, to ensure they have the required knowledge regarding Tyk, and it’s dependencies as well as any FLAPIM best-practice we can share
- Consult, advise and comment on existing product proposals
- Propose new features, ideas and concepts to the product team for consideration in future releases
- Deliver customer success stories for marketing collateral, talks and keynotes
- Host meetups, workshops & talks at conferences where time and energy permits
- Travel to conferences & client sites. International travel
- Generate content relating to API Management and technology
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Degree educated in a STEM subject
- Customer facing engineering experience
- Development or Infrastructure or project lifecycle management experience
- Post sales consulting experience
- Stakeholder management experience
- A good understanding of DevOps and deployment practices and technologies (Puppet, Chef, Docker, Cloud services such as AWS and Azure, as well as IaaS such as OpenShift and Heroku)
- A good understanding of databases and our dependencies – Mongo/Redis/DocDB etc
- Solid experience in backend engineering experience and/or solution architecture for complex systems.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- K8s experience.
Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following:
- Practical experience working with APIs
- Creating proof of concepts
- Creating and documenting solution architectures.
- Experience building applications in Go, C, or C++
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io