Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
The Partner Technical Consultants are consultative, they work closely with technology teams at our partner side, and in their engineering component, they are empowered to work and contribute to the product. They work together with other product team (UX, Design, Engineering, QA, Project Management, Docs) to deliver features across our technology stack and contribute directly to our roadmap planning.
This role, in it’s client-facing capacity, works in a partnership relationship with account managers and partners as the partner’s representative to:
- Be a pioneer in unleashing the power of Tyk platform to our partner ecosystem
- Help generate excitement within new and existing Tyk partners, and drive further growth in EMEA
- You will be a trusted partner to our partners, and engage with their senior stakeholders to help them build a stronger Tyk proposition and offering for their customers
- You will work closely with the Partner’s lead to grow our partner knowledge, growth and impact globally
- Keep yourself up-to-date and invest in your trainings on an ongoing basis
- Be the go-to-expert for our partners looking for guidance on all things Tyk, including creating demos, architecture, scalability etc..
- Use broad range of technical and soft skills to build productive relationships with our partners, and independently resolve complex technical and business needs while contributing to partner documentation/ Provide the 360 technical expertise and know-how to make our partners successful
- Use expertise and product insight to deliver high-quality project/integration/ partner engagements, while sustaining self-driven productivity
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and cross functional partners for product feedback
- Installations are running smoothly and they are getting value from the product
- We are helping them solve their critical API Management issues, whether that be through custom integrations, partnership relationships or simply troubleshooting upgrades with their engineering team
- Proof-of-Concept project stakeholders have the information and guidance they need in order to successfully conclude their test criteria
- Partners can get best-practice guidance and advice on their overall solution
- Taking part in calls and meetings to discuss requirements
- Answer questions and provide recommendations
- For complex scenarios, it may be necessary to propose a solution or create a proof of concept to satisfactorily demonstrate that the requirements can be met
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Partner calls with an account manager to gather requirements and potentially run a technical pitch
- Work with potential or existing partners to solve a particular problem, either via email or via a screen-share / pairing session
- Help complete a section of an RFI, RFP or RFQ
- Work on product components when time permits”
- Consult, advise and comment on existing product proposals
- Propose new features, ideas and concepts to the product leadership team for consideration in future releases
- One-on-ones with their reports
- Hosting meetups, workshops & talks at conferences Travel to conferences & client site. International.
- Travel to conferences & client site. International travel
- Build PoC’s
- Generate content relating to API Management and technology
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Multilingual (English included)
- History of handling technical questions, new demos, customer interactions, and all customer communication
- Ability to present proposals and articulate core technical value proposition
- Proven track record of working with partners
- Familiarity with application development processes, concepts, terminology, and frameworks.
- Background in CI/CD, containers, or other microservices focused platforms
- Knowledge/mastery of Kubernetes, containers, Docker, Linux, GO, Java
- Solid digital background with understanding and/or strong hands on experience in software development and web technologies
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io