Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We are looking for a Learning Experience Designer to help us deliver user training that works. eLearning is all too often a case of watching several hours of video followed by a quiz that does little but test your memory. That’s just not going to cut it here. We’re looking for someone that will design learning experiences that give our customers the skills they need quickly and effectively, so they can spend more time “doing” than “learning”. As part of our Customer Education team you will work closely with many areas of the business, from Customer Operations to Product, Engineering, UX, Sales and Marketing to put together best-in-class learning experiences that drive the success of our users.
It’s an exciting time to be joining Tyk and your role will be key in helping us implement new learning programs to educate our users at scale.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Design and develop educational paths and modules; including development of multimedia content such as video, tutorials, guides and diagrams, among others.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Tyk to align on product updates, user requirements as well as content strategy.
- Report on the impact of new educational offerings and continually seek to discover and implement improvements. You should feel comfortable challenging us to do better.
- Support the management, design and administration of learning systems and tools.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Solid experience building educational content at a software company.
- Experienced in technical video recording and editing, including presenting in front of camera and providing vocals for voice-over.
- Experience with tools such as Techsmith, Camtasia and Audacity for video/audio, and Learning Management Systems for hosting and delivery of educational content.
- A learning mindset and eagerness to develop a strong grasp of our products.
- Solid understanding of adult learning principles.
- Experience with APIs, Markdown and catering to a highly technical developer audience would be beneficial.
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io