Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
A true generalist HR role, as our new HR Coordinator you will undertake a variety of support duties for the people team here at Tyk. You will facilitate daily HR activities like keeping track of employees records, co-ordinating development activities and helping with engagement initiatives. Tyk is growing rapidly so opportunities for growth and development will be abundant and to that end, you will want to not only develop, but also be unafraid of offering your suggestions and ideas as to how we can do things better here at Tyk. This will be a great role for someone who is really looking to develop their skills within a fast paced, rapidly growing organisation that puts its people first. If the above sounds like you then read on to find out more!
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance as required.
- Support Managers with basic HR related queries and produce reports when needed.
- Maintain records of personnel-related data on Natural HR (payroll, CV’s, role changes, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc.)
- Co-ordinate the Company Career Process, supporting Managers and Employees in using the system.
- Support Global Payroll activities.
- Write contracts of employment, offer letters, internal move, salary review and personnel related letters.
- Support the input of monthly HR KPIs and develop reports to support the process.
- Help to review Global policies and ensure the People Team internal page is up to date.
- Monitor HR processes, such as return to work, absence, 6 month reviews.
- Support the HR Manager on exciting projects such as career paths, leadership development, well- being initiatives.
- Support with international Visa processes.
- Develop and coordinate a Global Well Being calendar of events.
- Coordinate and promote the internal coaching programme, matching employees with best-fit coaches.
- Co-ordinate the Leadership Development programme.
- Manage delegates on our online learning platforms such as A Cloud Guru, Udemy etc.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position within a tech start up – ideally in a remote first environment
- CIPD Level 3 or studying towards
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using G Suite (Google Drive and Gmail, in particular)
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems (e.g. Natural HR)
- Payroll experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Global HR experience
At Tyk we believe that experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes us stronger, creates a problem-solving environment and inspires creative thinking. As such even if you don’t tick all of the above points but still think you could be amazing – we’d love for you to tell us why!
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home.You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mum’s house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io