Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, ambitious and creative product marketing professional to join Tyk’s marketing leadership team as our first Head of Product Marketing.
As a Head of Product Marketing at Tyk, you will build a team of industry-leading product marketers to support you – and Tyk’s journey to connect every system in the world.
You and your team will deeply understand our customers, our community, and the challenges they face, and are passionate about making sure Tyk is an integral part of their story – now and in the future.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
Your role will be to design and execute a holistic, integrated marketing strategy including product narrative, positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy for Tyk’s suite of products. To do this, you’ll grow a team of product marketing specialists who will work closely with our senior product managers and relevant commercial and marketing peers to achieve awareness of, and engagement with, Tyk’s innovative products and features. You’ll also support the product team in the development of pre-build value propositions and product strategy.
- Refine the value proposition for the Tyk suite of products to create a holistic, compelling proposition for modern engineering teams, and support the development of new value propositions
- Develop and implement the strategy for messaging, pricing, packaging, promotion and selling of the Tyk product suite alongside the Head of Product and Senior Product Managers.
- Understand the product roadmap and build pre-planned, market-leading campaigns to take the offering to market
- Develop, communicate and refine these GTM strategies and campaigns in partnership with the Head of Product, and with input from commercial, brand, demand generation and existing customers.
- Build a world-class team of product marketing managers and product evangelists who will support you in your goal, each tasked with their own focus area of the Tyk product suite to take to market.
- Stakeholder management and collaboration across Tyk at a peer-level, and upwards to manage Senior Team expectations.
- Research and support pricing and packaging decisions in order to meet market demands and needs.
- Define and lead market research projects into specific market segments.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Significant experience in product marketing for a complex tech product
- Deep understanding of complex technology and the Software Development Lifecycle, especially in large enterprise environments.
- Extensive experience in at least one of the following domains/areas (APIM, GraphQL, DevOps, software development, or Cloud Native applications)
- Experience positioning a complex tech tool in its market and developing a successful go to market strategy for said product.
- Experience in managing and/or growing a high-performing team
- Experience in managing a budget
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open source software is a bonus.
- Proven experience being self-directed and working with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding English communication skills to explain and translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io