Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a Go Developer that can work with our engineering team to deliver the next generation of the Tyk platform, both the open-source and the closed-source applications.You’re not alone, you’ll work with our growing team of Backend and Frontend developers, QA engineers and designers. We’re growing quickly, so you can also help us hire and expand our product team. Last but not least, we’re big believers in internal team development, which means you can help us train the next generation of developers through our graduate program through code reviews, pair programming and mentoring. Or take advantage of the learning opportunities available through our internal programmes.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- You’ll be working with a talented, distributed EMEA team
- Collaborate on design and configuration, ensuring a balance of stability, security and flexibility
- Help to refine and plan the requirements for Tyk Cloud
- Continual improvement of Tyk Cloud
- Building our Kubernetes operator and ingress controller
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strong backend engineering experience in Go
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Very organized and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Hands on development experience with server development
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Comfortable with autonomy
- Great team player
Nice to have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience with Redis and MongoDB
- Experience in developing web services with REST APIs
- Solid understanding of agile development methods
- DevOps background
- API management experience
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io