Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills, Future Singapore, to global organisations like Capital One, the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th-century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a Finance Analyst to help us shape the finance function and build long-lasting foundations for us as we scale.
Reporting to the Financial Director, this is a great opportunity for working autonomously, as you need to shape each day whilst responding to the needs of the business, role and tasks at hand and you will be encouraged to bring creativity and curiosity to the role by the bucket load.
- Own the development and improvement of the forecast and budgeting model
- Rapidly develop an understanding of KPIs and business drivers to build, improve and maintain detailed models for forecasting.
- From the more complex data modelling to the more granular wrangling and cleaning of data your role and tasks will be varied and you will need to apply yourself in different ways.
- Own and have direct input into creation of elements of the board deck
- Work closely with the Finance Director in support of the consolidated monthly Management Accounts for the group and preparing variance analysis
- Provide meaningful and insightful analysis and reporting around key operational and financial performance
- Owning all business and functional level analysis and reporting of actual and forecast spend
- Developing new reports to meet the changing requirements of the business and the needs of company stakeholders
Data & process improvement:
- Working closely with the Finance Director to transform data flows to support current and future reporting needs.
- Supporting the Finance Director ad-hoc projects that arise in a fast paced business
- Having a creative mindset and being tenacious in identifying opportunities for process improvements, finding solutions and implementing them.
- Actively researching and suggesting finance software, BI tools to aid automation and drive efficiency into the finance function and reporting..
- Assist with maintaining our revenue management and reporting tool (SaaSOptics)
- Extensive interaction and business partnering with the sales and/or marketing teams to improve administration and assist with implementation of key business processes to improve reporting
- Business partnering and planning with operational budget holders across the business, engaging and assisting them to ensure planning and actions are in line with plan.
Useful skills and experience:
- Strong experience as a Finance Analyst, ideally in a startup/tech/SaaS environment.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and reporting, across several financial / data systems.
- High proficiency in professional modelling in Excel, manipulating a large volume of data.
- Relevant Financial Qualification (e.g. CIMA / ACMA / ACA / ACCA)
- Working experience post qualification experience in an FP&A role
- Great analytical and mathematical skills in a data-rich environment and the ability to collaborate with non-finance business partners are key attributes.
- Ability to structure and prioritise in a high volume, fast-paced environment and drive work to completion.
- You are a team player, with a strong sense of purpose and high integrity.
- You are driven by analytics and data and are keen to make a real impact on the growth of the business.
- You are tenacious, curious and passionate and equally as important, you bring humility and empathy in your approach.
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
Every employee in Tyk has an import role that supposed to help the business to succeed and grow. We are all trusted and as such, expected to work independently and to manage our own time.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.