Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
As Director of Sales, EMEA, you will be responsible for driving in-region revenue growth, inclusive of new logo acquisition and the expansion of existing accounts such as Capital One, GoDaddy and The Financial Times. Proven experience in leading an enterprise software sales team and collaboration with
partners is paramount.
You will inherit a performant team of 7, with the expectation to double within 12 months. You have proven success working with large technology partners, extensive enterprise sales cycles experience and the discipline in executing against a metric-oriented sales organisation with an innate desire to coach and develop your team.
Development and coaching are at the core of all that you do. You take immense pride in growing a team to the highest standards whilst creating a culture of accountability and ownership. You can leverage previous experience in client facing engagements and execute across all levels of an organisation.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Revenue – Direct responsibility for our EMEA sales organisation to drive new business growth, retention of our current customers supported by land and expand strategies
- Go to Market Strategy – Execute against the overall global sales strategy with the partners, marketing and product teams to recognise maximum revenue opportunities
- Process, Metrics & Predictability – Assess and improve upon current sales processes, methodologies, team members/structure and associated discipline – particularly with an enterprise focus. Create and execute short and long-term sales plans, including strategies, goals, quotas, tracking mechanisms and analytics. The ultimate goal is to build a highly metric-driven and predictable enterprise revenue stream
- Scale -Propose & implement necessary adjustments to optimise performance and build/refine the infrastructure to facilitate ambitious & exciting growth in the £15-50M journey
- Training & Development – Manage the growing EMEA sales team and optimise team structure, hiring, performance assessment, coaching and feedback, team succession planning and best practices training.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience as a senior sales leader of a high growth technology company, preferably B2B enterprise in the Developer Tools space
- Proven track record of success within an emerging company. Success in being a significant contributor of scaling a sales force with revenue streams >£10M
- Sales leadership and management experience working with a compelling and verifiable track record of success
- Highly passionate and thought-out leader
- Must be hands on, with an ability to personally help drive revenue on significant deals with the skill set to manage both in-person and remotely
- Demonstrated success creating a strong sales engine and improving sales operations resulting in repeatable and predictable revenue stream for enterprise deals
- Track record of increasing productivity of sales teams through skill development, providing inspiration, rapid conflict resolution, and building a highly-empowered culture
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships focused on customer outcomes and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Experience working with and expanding a partner ecosystem
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io