Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
You’ll be joining Tyk at a very exciting time. We’ve been growing at an incredible rate – not just in terms of our team size and revenue but also in terms of our product capability. What started off as a simple open source gateway, has now evolved into a powerful full life-cycle API management platform, capable of developing, deploying and managing different API architectures and styles (SOAP, REST, GraphQL). This has earned us the title of Visionaries in the latest Gartner report – and we’re just getting started!
Over the past couple of years, our Marketing team has brought together a group of remarkable people capable of communicating and engaging with our target audience in a fun, focused and effective manner.
So, in order to further power Tyk’s growth and ambition for the future, we’re looking to recruit a Developer Advocate to help people find, use, and love Tyk.
Your role will be a critical bridge between Tyk and the big, wide world, translating, mediating and signposting just why Tyk is so innovative and exciting. Ultimately your success will be measured by the impact of your work on product revenue and awareness of Tyk.
Heres what you’ll be getting up to:
- Driving adoption of Tyk by showcasing our capabilities through technical blog posts, guides, whitepapers, and videos to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Developing and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness.
- Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panellist and keynote speaker at Tyk and third party technology conferences, trade shows and press events.
- Collaborating with commercial, product and UX team members within Tyk to understand the needs of the users to deliver relevant content and share user feedback to drive our product roadmap
- Supporting the MarComs team on various demand generation activities such as campaigns and events, reporting on success to the wider Tyk team.
- Building relationships with the developer community through meetups, boot camps and hackathons by engaging over social media channels and forums such as Stackoverflow and Reddit
- Represent Tyk at virtual and in-person conferences and meet-ups
Here’s What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience of working with APIs and/or API products. Knowledge and experience of working with API management platforms and Tyk would be a huge plus!
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate and engage effectively with technical and non-technical audiences internally, externally and across geographies.
- Strong technical background with knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure, containerization platforms like Docker and K8S, and API development platforms.
- Willingness to learn about new technologies and adapt to changing requirements quickly.
- Ability to work autonomously with an expectation of planning, prioritizing and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel (pandemic regulations permitting)
Nice to have
- Working knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies and/ or setting an industry standard.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home.You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mum’s house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io