Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
As our Customer Education Lead you will have ownership of our user content and education strategy, with the aim of improving customer education, onboarding and product knowledge for all levels of Tyk users. With the help of Marketing and our Consulting Engineers you will create a holistic Customer Education experience that encompasses our Technical Documentation, Tutorials, Knowledgebase and other training content to bring our content strategy up to par with our reputation for customer experience. This is a great opportunity for you to own our customer education, content and training library and help elevate Tyk’s offering as we continue to grow!
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Develop a persona-driven and use-case-based information-architecture approach to organizing content and materials
- Creating content for our users
- Be driven by metrics, measurement, experimentation and iterative improvement
- Lead colleagues in a continual effort to improve authoring and production tools and processes
- Line manage our existing Technical Writer and lead the discipline of learning content creation which is largely distributed across our other teams, where there is not a direct line management relationship
- Create a robust library of self-help content, including but not limited to: webinars, tutorials, videos, and whitepapers
- Overall point of responsibility for information architecture and content styling of our technical documentation
- Responsible for our user Knowledge base (Zendesk), ensuring it’s structured correctly and teams are adding new information to it from other sources (Stack Overflow and Community Forum)
- Design and creation of our partner curriculum and certification, in conjunction with the Customer Engineering Architect
- Design and creation of our onboarding assets, in conjunction with the Customer Engineering Architect
- Work in partnership with teams across the business to improve our Customer Education experience
- Edit content contributed by engineering, marketing and product teams for technical accuracy, grammar, usage, adherence to style, and fit within the information architecture
- Manage contributed articles through technical review, content edits, and publication
- Collaborate closely with engineers and product managers to develop effective feature documentation
- Collaborate closely with customer-facing technical staff (support engineers, solutions architects, developer relations) on best practices and other guidance
- Contribute to doc site infrastructure and information architecture improvements
- Management and strategic ownership of our technical content including documentation, shaping the future of the team
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Proven background in Development Editing and Copy Editing in a Technical B2B Software environment
- Proven experience in content strategy including planning, writing, delivery, and governance
- Experience working with content management systems and authoring tools
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and stakeholders
- Solid writing and research skills.
- A high technical aptitude, a positive attitude, obsessive attention to detail, and a strong desire to learn and succeed.
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home.You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mum’s house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io