Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
As Content Marketing Director, you will be supporting the Head of Brand & Content in implementing and continuously improving a multi-channel, multi-audience content marketing strategy that both raises brand awareness and trust around Tyk and supports the entire AARRR journey and channels.
You’ll be responsible for creating an industry-leading, efficient content production function within Tyk that produces creative, compelling and engaging content for our target use cases, our relevant key audiences and decision-making units. Integrate, measure and report on performance KPIs in our content marketing “engine”, demonstrating direct impact of Tyk content on brand, demand and revenue.
As Content Marketing Director, you will develop and implement a scalable, repeatable content production and approval process involving our performance analytics, branding, product marketing and demand generation teams.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Create an active, varied content calendar and an editorial process that covers content from multiple sources and from ideation phase, through creation and distribution all the way through to repurposing and measurement
- Work closely with our Head of Brand & Content and Head of Product Marketing to ensure our tone of voice and ‘Tyk way’ is maintained & developed. Help them to increase our brand relevance in the Cloud & APIM landscape through differentiated and trust-building content
- Ensure consistency of brand messaging, tone of voice, style and look-and-feel across Tyk content. Adhere to high standards and ensure continuous improvement is appropriately fed back into Tyk processes, style and branding guidelines.
- Project manage the content marketing team and support product marketing and brand marketing relationships with influencers, evangelists, media, contributors and third-party content creators
- Leverage internal, market and direct audiences (engineers, developers, product, commercial) feedback to create insights that continuously improve our content and overall marketing strategy
- Build a world-class, multi-disciplinary team of content marketing specialists including internal & external writers and designers
- Stakeholder management and collaboration across Tyk at a peer-level, and upwards to manage Head of Brand & Content and other Senior Team expectations.
- Keep abreast of new content marketing trends & channels to experiment with and/or introduce to Tyk’s content marketing production schedule
- Track and analyse our content ROI for content marketing activities, refining strategies and plans in response to results
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Several years of experience in B2B content marketing for a complex software or tech product, including Cloud
- Deep understanding of complex tech buying centre and the Software Development Lifecycle, especially in both scale-ups and large enterprise environments
- Extensive experience in at least one of the following domains/areas (APIM, GraphQL, DevOps, software development, or Cloud Native applications)
- Expertise in various types of content assets, from video and podcasts, to webinars, sales collaterals, blog/social posts and paid ads/banners
- Experience positioning and producing content, both visual and text, for a platform-based tech tool across various go to market channels
- Experience of managing and/or growing a high-performing design & writers team
- Experience of managing a content marketing process and budget
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open source software is a bonus.
- Outstanding English communication skills to explain and translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Proven experience being self-directed and working with minimal supervision.
- Data-driven, use data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instil it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io