Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills, Future Singapore, to global organisations like Capital One, the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th-century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
We are looking for a Consulting Engineer to provide technical consulting and assurance to our clients.
This role will be a part of product development, helping implement features and contributing to product discussions.
Consulting Engineers Consulting Engineers play a vital part of the post-sales process, and will work very closely with their account managers to provide technical expertise that helps potential customers get the software “on the rack”.
We are helping our customers solve their critical API Management issues, whether that be through custom integrations, partnership relationships, or simply troubleshooting upgrades with their engineering team.
You will work with engineers from the product team to enhance our offering and convey the clients’ needs, as well as contribute to the product, support documentation and other supporting assets.
- Work closely with Pre-Sales Architects (PSA) and Account Managers as an opportunity is coming to a close to ensure that requirements and scope are well understood and build a relationship with our new customer’s technical team
- Work closely and support customers to getting Tyk into production and ensuring they are getting full value out of the solution
- On-board and train customers on the solution to ensure they are confident in using the solution
- Reach out to the customer regularly to identify their teething problems, their internal roadmap and any future requirements that they need to manage which Tyk can (or can’t) help them with
- Act in a consultative capacity for customers, to ensure they have the required knowledge regarding Tyk, and it’s dependencies as well as any Full Lifecycle API Management best-practice we can share
- Propose new features, ideas and concepts to the product leadership team for consideration in future releases
- Deliver customer success stories for marketing collateral, talks and keynotes
- One-on-ones with their reports
- Host meetups, workshops & talks at conferences where time and energy permits
- Travel to conferences & client site. International travel
- Generate content relating to API Management and technology
Useful skills and experience:
- Practical experience working with APIs
- Creating proof of concepts
- Creating and documenting solution architectures.
- Experience building applications in Go, C, or C++
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
Every employee in Tyk has an import role that supposed to help the business to succeed and grow. We are all trusted and as such, expected to work independently and to manage our own time.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.