Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
Tyk Account Executives are client-facing members of a cross-functional team. You will manage relationships with new and existing clients, with defined tasks and requirements to deliver. You will be responsible for engaging with potential clients, setting expectations for their experience with Tyk, handling ongoing account updates and inquiries from your clients, and maintaining a high rate of renewal within your portfolio.
You will possess superb communication skills, have the ability to handle stressful situations like a seasoned pro, constantly look to expand your knowledge and skill set, all while working with the pre-sales and product team to deliver properly defined and scoped tasks for the short and long term client future.
We need someone who likes to ask questions, listen and then deliver.
You’ll join our distributed team, where you’ll be tasked with supporting our pre-sales and product team, managing our Asia-Pac accounts and engaging with new prospects in your territory.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Book onsite meetings, client visits, remote video calls and introduce Tyk to new prospects, by walking them through benefits and a simple demo
- Book onsite meetings, client visits, remote video calls and update Tyk with existing customers, by reviewing new releases
- Be able to qualify sales opportunities and ask high level technical and business related questions in order to prioritize leads
- Maintain up-to-date sales pipeline in CRM when required, generate quotations and invoices
- Work closely with consulting engineers and product teams to review leads, resolve technical queries during customers’ evaluation stage
- Work closely with Marketing team to identify and plan events applicable to the business
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Proven experience with direct account and partner management
- Basic Information Technology networking knowledge
- Solid digital background with understanding an proven hands on experience in software development and web technologies
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful account through initial engagement, proposal, delivery and renewal
- Seasoned sales professional with a hunter mentality, skills at generating your own leads through cold calling, blitzing, research, networking, and driving targeted territory
- Experience covering and selling into ASEAN and rest of APAC markets e.g India or Australia
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io