What can you do with us?
Do you want to make the world a more connected place? Tyk is the leading Open Source API management platform in the world and we’re looking for a talented Solutions Engineer to help us connect everything from toasters & combine harvesters to mobile apps and enterprise solutions.
You will be responsible for understanding our customers, on-boarding them onto the platform and being their technical point of contact with Tyk.
You’ll contribute directly to the product, with one finger on the pulse of our thriving community and the other deep in the code of our ecosystem, you’ll be helping us deliver Tyk to the world.
This role offers the opportunity to be client-facing while still having direct input into building the Tyk ecosystem, working directly with the founders.
- Work with our clients to map out their current infrastructure layout, identify opportunities to best make use of Tyk and deliver solutions to see them fully adopt Tyk
- Collaborate with customers’ development teams to support their API Management programme
- Understand the DevOps marketplace and the different tooling within it — configuration management, virtual machines, containers, infrastructure-as-a-service, etc
- Contribute to the product,and generate improvements to our codebase
A bit about you:
- Strong technical ability with knowledge of Golang OR AngularJS
- Operations experience with cloud infrastructure a definite bonus (AWS)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an interest in talking to customers
- Experience solving problems across organizations is a plus, as a consultant or otherwise
- Can you change us? Tyk is an agent of change. We expect everyone on our team to be the same
- Can you deliver? You will build, test, learn and deliver while others are still editing PowerPoint. We are makers, creators and builders: we are happiest bringing technology to bear on big problems
- Looking for mentoring, not management? Our team make their own decisions about their priorities and approaches. The leadership team help with skills development, knowledge sharing and roadblocks: You manage yourself.
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package comprising salary and equity options based on experience and performance.
Work with a talented, passionate team of industry experts, developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
A distributed team. Work from our London office, from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Tyk is built in Go and AngularJS, uses Redis and MongoDB, and is deployed on almost anything: including cloud services (EC2, Azure), IaaS (Heroku, OpenShift), Docker (Mesosphere, Kubernetes and more) to bare-metal ARM-based microservers.
Tyk is used by clients running everything from shiny micro-service architectures, to sucky SOAP stuff they keep in the company museum.
As a result, we are pragmatists over technology choice, enjoy problem solving and want your involvement in shaping our future choices.