Who are Tyk?
We are a funded, early stage startup, founded in 2015, based out of London. We have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe, our mission: to connect every system in the world.
Tyk is a high-performance API Gateway and Management platform that is used by fortune-100 companies and hip Silicon Valley startups alike. Tyk is an open source project, we built it so that we could shape the way that people connect the world.
Our software is at the cutting edge of Enterprise Infrastructure, we work with smart, ambitious, capable client teams running large scale, mission-critical operations. It is important that our own operations, processes and standards, just like our engineers and account reps, remain the best-of-the-best as we scale across the globe. That’s where you come in…
What can you do with us?
You can expect a variety of tasks and responsibilities. This includes making sure administrative functions relating to our rapid growth run smoothly, whilst assisting the COO in day to-day activities and taking on responsibility for aspects of our quality standards and performance reporting.
We have grown from 2 people in London to 20 across the globe in just 9 months. As such, this role provides a lot of scope for progression and is perfect for someone looking to quickly develop their skills and there are fantastic opportunities for career growth across the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the smooth running of the business & constantly working to improve every aspect of our operations.
- Supporting the commercial team with everything and anything
- Supporting the COO in expansion and reporting activities across all regions
- Organising travel and logistics for the team
- Implementation and maintenance of various industry standards, working with the directors and external consultants to ensure Tyk remains best of the best in this area.
- Refinement of reporting across the business, working with commercial, product and marketing leads to communicate key metrics across the business
The primary measure of success for our opps assistant is improvement to quality and efficiency across the business whilst we scale rapidly. You will work closely with the leadership team to deliver the results required.
A great Tyk Ops Assistant could be described as having superb communication skills, uncommon sense, able to handle stressful situations like a seasoned pro, all while having the initiative to take action and responsibility and make things happen.
We need someone who likes to ask questions, listen and then deliver.
A high-achieving individual with a strong academic track record
- Ideally a minimum of 12 months’ experience in a similar Administrative/PA /Customer Service role
- A basic understanding of project management theory, process and practices
- A logical thinker who enjoys providing creative solutions to problems
- Common-sense in abundance
- The ability to be flexible in a constantly changing environment
- Incredible attention to detail
- Good computer skills and data-entry experience would be a real plus
- A highly collaborative team player who’s not afraid of taking on a fresh challenge
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building the leading open source API Management platform.
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
You will be based in our Shoreditch office. Exposed brick, hipsters and skinny jeans? Obviously. Tripping over them. We’re a tech startup cliche!
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future. As an early member of the team, opportunities for advancement are excellent.
NO AGENCIES Recruitment Agency EULA : Recruitment consultants and agents contacting us about this job, contractually agree that we may visit your place of work and wee in your letter box. Seriously. We’ve done it before and will do it again.