Who are Tyk?
We are a funded, early stage startup founded in 2015 based out of London. We have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe, our mission: to connect every system in the world.
Tyk is a high-performance API Gateway and Management platform that is used by fortune-500 companies and hip Silicon Valley startups alike. Tyk is an open source project, and we built it so that we could shape the way that people connect the world.
Our software needs to be fast, reliable, and robust – and most of all, built in a way that is scalable, well tested and readable.
We’re big believers in code as craft, and want that to be reflected in our own codebase. That’s where you come in…
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a Lead Go Developer that can work with our engineering team to deliver the next generation of the Tyk product line. You will have full responsibility over code quality, performance, architecture and design choices.
You’re not alone, you’ll work with our growing team of Backend and Frontend developers, quality engineers and designers. We’re growing quickly, so you can also help us hire and expand our product team.
Last but not least, we’re big believers in internal team development, which means you can help us train the next generation of developers through our graduate program.
We want someone who is independent and capable of taking responsibility for our code base and engineering practice. Our thriving community and our enterprise customers are the people you need to satisfy: we are fanatical about listening to our clients and their input drives our project milestones.
We need someone who likes to ask questions, listen and then deliver.
You’ll join our Shoreditch based (yeah, we have exposed brick, hipster coffee, skinny jeans…) team where you’ll be tasked with working to enhance our product range, troubleshooting client issues and build out the product roadmap.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
- Are a team player with strong client-facing skills
- Are business fluent in spoken and written English
- Want to work with Go, Docker, Kubernetes, and other new stack technologies
- Feel responsible for the quality of the products and features that you ship
- Participate in code and design reviews, teach and learn from other engineers
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build, and improve our product
- Very organized and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Hands on development experience scaling complex systems
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar experience
- 3+ yrs of backend engineering experience
- Experience building applications in Go, C, C++
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with Redis and MongoDB
- Experience at developing web services with REST APIs
- Experience at managing Linux systems
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and technologies such as CI/CD, configuration management, virtual machines or containers, and cloud hosting services such as AWS, etc.
- Solid understanding of agile development methods
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
NO AGENCIES Recruitment Agency EULA : Recruitment consultants and agents contacting us about this job, contractually agree that we may visit your place of work and wee in your letter box. Seriously. We’ve done it before and will do it again.